OFFICIAL: XLABS Steez / Braap Thread - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 14, 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusNectar
Sorry i didn't make that more clear in my original post, i do have extra Boop pods printed that I can mail you at postage cost, if you're in the US.
Dude... that would be flippin awesome. I'll PM you here in a moment.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2017, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentishNo1
Is it true the USB on the fc gets covered by the standoff when using the Hobbywing stack?

If so, isn't this a proper PIA? The pod is fixed by the standoff isn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusNectar
Lol yes, this is my biggest gripe with this frame.

Easiest thing is to undo both bolts holding the standoff, and slip it out with the top plate still on. It's probably the best way to get to it.
Hah! Misery must love company - I feel much better seeing this somehow, since I have the same issue with the motolab stack (that I wasn't sure would be compatible when I initially ordered). I also had to trim a bit from the pod but nothing crazy - and the jst for uart 1 is clear of obstruction so I should be able to pop an xfire rx in there no problem.

Pulling that standoff to plug in the USB is a fine workaround
Dec 14, 2017, 07:24 PM
for those who are running an alien and don't see any weight savings here - all the fasteners on these frames are steel - so you could definitely shave some grams by swapping out to aluminum or Ti.
Dec 27, 2017, 08:38 PM
Has anyone found a blheli32 4 in 1 esc that fits Braap?
Dec 28, 2017, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuetzen4570
Has anyone found a blheli32 4 in 1 esc that fits Braap?
The hobbywing stack is the only 4n1 I know of that fits by design - whatever goes in there needs to be 38mm or less in width to fit between the standoffs.
Jan 04, 2018, 01:29 PM

How I mount my Hobbywing Stack on a Steez

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentishNo1
Is it true the USB on the fc gets covered by the standoff when using the Hobbywing stack?

If so, isn't this a proper PIA? The pod is fixed by the standoff isn't it?
I personally run the Hobbywing Stack reversed ( yaw 180į + changing the motor layout). I can simply plug in the USB without losing any screws. I also can mount the immortal t crsf anntana pressure hold between the esc power pads and the Tpu Pod.
Jan 05, 2018, 12:17 PM
all steez.. sporting blheli_32 GS35a spedix 4in1.. I sanded the side standoff screw holes outward a mm or 2 and got it to fit.. enjoy the vid

Honolulu FPV // Hawaii (3 min 5 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 06:52 PM
It is looking like the new DalRC engine 4 in 1 esc is going to fit these frames.
If the dimensions are accurate anyway......
As far as I know the only decent blheli 32 4 in 1 that is less than the 39mm between standoffs.
If anyone knows for sure please post here.
Thanks

Just read the above post.
Good job
Jan 18, 2018, 02:28 PM
I crush you
How do you change the motor layout? Do you do it in the CLI? I can look up the details in the BF GUI. Just wondering.

Iím using the breakout cable at the ESC connector because Iím using a different FC, so I guess I could just change the order of the wiring too instead of changing the motor order in the CLI.

Iíve havenít finished mine because Iím running the HW ESC but with a Fortini OSD flight controller on top. I have to use the side plug on the ESC as the Fortini doesnít have mating pins. After I wired everything I discovered that I have a bigger problem than the just the USB connector being blocked by a standoff. The ESC breakout plug actually hits the standoff on the left to the point where it simply doesnít fit.

I considered removing the wires, shaving the pin a bit and sticking the wires back in, but I could swear these wires are glued into that connector, lol. I couldnít get them out.

So, Iím running out of ideas. Turning the ESC 180 degrees isnít going to help, as Iíll have the same problem but on the other side. Turning it 90 degrees wonít work either because the main power leads would hit the standoff.

So the only other options I can think of is finding a way to shave that plug, removing the plug and soldering straight to the tiny traces, or turning the stack 45 degrees and securing it with double-sided tape.

Otherwise, I'd have to find a different ESC with the power plug at the back, breakout cable at the front and motor pads on the sides.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jan 18, 2018, 02:57 PM
Just remap the motors via resource command.

Type resource and see where motors are assigned default. Then look at what you have and you can logically see what the assignment changes are.
Jan 18, 2018, 03:12 PM
I crush you
^^^ Thanks. But I still have to figured out the best orientation. I might not need to remap as I think 45 degrees is going to be necessary. Like I said above, 180 degrees won't do because I'll have the same problem, just on the other side. And 90 degrees won't do either because of the large tab for the power leads connection on this particular ESC.
Jan 22, 2018, 01:58 PM
Registered Loser
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune
How do you change the motor layout? Do you do it in the CLI? I can look up the details in the BF GUI. Just wondering.
You probably already figured it out, but this helped me: https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-resource-remapping/
Jan 22, 2018, 07:56 PM
I crush you
^^^ Thanks. I ended up pulling all the parts off since no matter the motor order, there was always something clashing with the standoffs. You are basically forced to use the entire HW stack if you want to use the ESC (because of the pins). I intend to build it, but I'm going to use an ESC that has the plug opposite to the main leads, so the sides only have motors connectors.

Like the Aikon 30S BLHeli_S. Or the Spedix 4in1 turned 90 degrees.
Jan 23, 2018, 03:58 PM
Do not use the pins, use the harness provided. Take the pins off.
Jan 28, 2018, 07:43 AM

6" Prop / Antenna Interface Problems On The Braap...

Good afternoon.

Anyone else running 6"'props on the Braap? If so how are you mounting your FPV antenna?

I'm unable to find a decent mounting position that doesn't leave the antenna perilously close to the props. One good crash and the props will eat the antenna!

The props even clip the supplied printed antenna mounting and the SMA on the pictured antenna.

It really needs to come straight out the back at 45*. Brain3D do a 45į mount but I'm not sure the props will clear the mount itself.

Kinda stuck on this one!?
Last edited by KentishNo1; Jan 28, 2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quick Reply