OFFICIAL: XLABS Steez / Braap Thread - RC Groups
Oct 27, 2017, 08:53 AM
Steez FPV
Discussion

OFFICIAL: XLABS Steez / Braap Thread

The Steez / Braap is almost ready for release. Let's share what we know and our experiences when we get the frame in our hands!

Steez Specifications

235mm motor to motor
4mm thick quasi isotropic arms
Black steel hardware, including motor screws and a few spares to keep you in the air
Up to 5" propellers
Integrated GoPro Session mount
Non-slip rubber battery pad
Multiple battery mounting solutions
TPU pod printed by Brain3D
Designed for micro size cameras such as the Runcam Micro Swift or the Foxeer Arrow Micro
Weight: 128g with all steel hardware

Braap Specifications

235mm motor to motor
5mm thick quasi isotropic arms
Black steel hardware, including motor screws and a few spares to keep you in the air
Up to 6" propellers
Designed for micro size cameras such as the Runcam Micro Swift or the Foxeer Arrow Micro
Weight: 116g with all steel hardware

Both are priced at 70$

Last edited by lyons238; Nov 02, 2017 at 11:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 01:01 PM
Steez FPV
lot of buzz this thread is catching
Oct 31, 2017, 02:57 PM
Steez FPV
Bazaar. The Steez frame was up for sale on the website but then was taken down like a day later...anyone know what's going on?
Oct 31, 2017, 04:28 PM
IG: nectar.collector
Not bizarre, just a mistake on their end making the two frames visible on their site early. Neither frame is supposed to be released until Nov. 6.

You can still view the two listings for either frame if you google "Xlabs all collection".

I will be picking up a Braap when they finally do drop.

For those curious about specs:

Braap

235mm motor to motor
Up to 6" propellers

Steez

235mm motor to motor
Up to 5" propellers

6" for the Braap even though same MTM as Steeze because of the shorter body. Braap is also slotted for a bottom mount battery.
Oct 31, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusNectar
Not bizarre, just a mistake on their end making the two frames visible on their site early. Neither frame is supposed to be released until Nov. 6.

You can still view the two listings for either frame if you google "Xlabs all collection".

I will be picking up a Braap when they finally do drop.

For those curious about specs:

Braap

235mm motor to motor
Up to 6" propellers

Steez

235mm motor to motor
Up to 5" propellers

6" for the Braap even though same MTM as Steeze because of the shorter body. Braap is also slotted for a bottom mount battery.
Any weight ?
Oct 31, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydynamics
Any weight ?
Steez: 128g w/ all steel hardware

Braap: 116g w/ all steel hardware
Last edited by OpusNectar; Nov 01, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
Nov 01, 2017, 09:20 PM
Steez Specifications

235mm motor to motor
Up to 5" propellers
Weight: 128g with all steel hardware

Braap Specifications

235mm motor to motor
Up to 6" propellers
Weight: 116g with all steel hardware

Both are priced at 70$

I'll pass as too heavy for my taste, design is interesting though.
Nov 02, 2017, 11:26 AM
Steez FPV
I'm considering this frame because it allows for a tight COG. Does anyone know what a 4.5 alien weighs? I imagine around 128g as well so it might be a wash.

Also it's weird, you can add the frame to cart on certain links?
Nov 02, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238
I'm considering this frame because it allows for a tight COG. Does anyone know what a 4.5 alien weighs? I imagine around 128g as well so it might be a wash.

Also it's weird, you can add the frame to cart on certain links?
4.5 Alien is in the same ballpark, I think my frame was 120ish grams with 25mm standoffs. I do like my quads between 300-350gr no battery for freestyle and general flying.

Piroflip has them in stock, just ordered a Braap today and got my shipping notice.
Last edited by OpusNectar; Nov 02, 2017 at 03:24 PM.
Nov 02, 2017, 04:52 PM
Steez FPV
Quote:
4.5 Alien is in the same ballpark, I think my frame was 120ish grams with 25mm standoffs. I do like my quads between 300-350gr no battery for freestyle and general flying.

Piroflip has them in stock, just ordered a Braap today and got my shipping notice.
i too have 25mm standoffs on my 4.5 alien. if it's 120g I'm happy to stick with it. i would love to run the Braap or Steez because I want to toilet tank my lipos hard to see how it affects the COG, however, I fly KISS and I don't want to change, so I need the Steele PDB and I don't think it will fit on this frame :/ so I might stick with my 4.5 alien.
Nov 09, 2017, 12:58 PM
This thread is sooo dead.

Jet's frame is killer, Floss type frames turned into bits of CF based on our pilot's experience @ MDX. This frame has potential, and should save down time in between heats and fixing time late at night.
Nov 09, 2017, 01:38 PM
Steez FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFromYEG
This thread is sooo dead.

Jet's frame is killer, Floss type frames turned into bits of CF based on our pilot's experience @ MDX. This frame has potential, and should save down time in between heats and fixing time late at night.
yeah, it is a bit heavy though which is slightly disappointing. I wish the Steez was 116g and the braap like 100g. That would be really good.

I run a 4.5" dropped deck alien which weighs roughly the same as the steez, so it's not worth me switching as I have many spare Alien parts. I also fly kiss so the steele pdb is a must have right now, i can't see myself switching but i really do like the frame and if i ever try betaflight or if kiss ever has another osd/pdb that's universal I will try it.
Nov 09, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238
yeah, it is a bit heavy though which is slightly disappointing. I wish the Steez was 116g and the braap like 100g. That would be really good.

I run a 4.5" dropped deck alien which weighs roughly the same as the steez, so it's not worth me switching as I have many spare Alien parts. I also fly kiss so the steele pdb is a must have right now, i can't see myself switching but i really do like the frame and if i ever try betaflight or if kiss ever has another osd/pdb that's universal I will try it.
I was pleasantly surprised at the weight of my Braap when I finished. Even with a heavy 1300 and extra shrink wrap around the battery, still sub 600.
Real estate is tight with the gopro, but is totally doable.

Hobbywing Stack
Cobra Champ 2205 2500 (until the Hyperlite 2405 1900kv are out)
Unify HV
Crossfire

It feels super planted in the air with the slight wider stance...no surprises there. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, my Alien will always be my #1, but the Steez and Braap are in a slightly different class with the wide X stance and not the 345 triangle. I will probably get a Steez and see what kind of AUW I can get. Maybe swap some of the steel hardware for Ti.
Nov 09, 2017, 02:14 PM
Yeah I'm expecting this thread to pick up soon, hopefully. The frames seem to be selling well.
Nov 09, 2017, 03:28 PM
Steez FPV
Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised at the weight of my Braap when I finished. Even with a heavy 1300 and extra shrink wrap around the battery, still sub 600.
Real estate is tight with the gopro, but is totally doable.

Hobbywing Stack
Cobra Champ 2205 2500 (until the Hyperlite 2405 1900kv are out)
Unify HV
Crossfire

It feels super planted in the air with the slight wider stance...no surprises there. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, my Alien will always be my #1, but the Steez and Braap are in a slightly different class with the wide X stance and not the 345 triangle. I will probably get a Steez and see what kind of AUW I can get. Maybe swap some of the steel hardware for Ti.
My 4.5" alien is 590g AUW with the kiss electronics and a thunderpower 1300, and TPU gopro mount. i dont think the steez will get me any lighter than that.

also while the alien is a 345 geometry. i consider it a wide X or squished X. I thought the Steez and Braap were symmetrical X's? the stance does not look any wider than it is long by the looks of it.