5 proportional channels - RC Groups
Oct 27, 2017, 07:58 AM
Discussion

5 proportional channels

the three geared pot throttle stick radio project is well underway (radio will be shared by my 2 triple screw craft,USS Minneapolis and RAF whaleback) next project in the planning will be for the USS Texas BB1, looking at a twin set of geared throttle pots, geared pot for rudder and two dial controls for independent turret control.. If I have a radio with switched channels, can the switch be swapped out for a pot giving me proportional control on that channel.. have several things in the works to achieve the 270 swing of the turrets , with turrets of this size and the crossing of the deck , turret control would be great without get over complicated or expensive..
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2017, 01:58 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
An interesting proposal...
Oct 29, 2017, 05:24 PM
exploring some other idea's, using an average six channel radio.. an actions electronics mixer would use 2 proport channels for engines and steering (this fat snapping turtle hull won't be fast nor handle well anyways) 2 proport channels for turret turning.. giving the size of the turrets and barrels thinking that some r/c tank tech could be used giving simulated firing (flash,sound, recoil and maybe smoke) all in all making a fun little warthog,, I mean warship...
Oct 30, 2017, 01:37 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Did you see the "7 turrets training with the gun director" thread on MBM?

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/for...c,56800.0.html

MWFCS2 (1 min 14 sec)

Watch the counter rotation when he shifts from starboard to port...
MWFCS T3 004 (1 min 27 sec)

Oh, and Capricorns gun director heading hold targeting.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...or-and-turrets

Oct 31, 2017, 08:12 AM
have been through those,,, central gun control was still a long way in the future for this beast.. still stuck when they were happy if the turret turned..
Nov 08, 2017, 04:54 PM
Scratch n Scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gaito
I have a feeling how this will go...but my old analog thinking mind says what if you put a pot in series with the gear switch wiring and varied the signal/resistance that the switch would normally apply as full open or zero resistance? Of course this pot would probably have to be somewhere the resistance of the pots on the gimbals...and I'd say that since the switch is either full closed or full open then resistance somewhere in between would not damage the transmitter ...might be worth experimenting...
Hey,

I don't know if this will work It was a reply to a Question by " Marion" in a/c forum...I think it would have worked pre digital ....but certainly a RC channel expander would do it, they are reasonable - but the proportional expanders are pricey!