This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 26, 2017, 02:08 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

MANGO No. 30 220mm Frame Build

I just received the Mango No. 30 220mm frame, and I managed to get it built, and have it ready for its first flight.Anyone else here building any of these new Mango frames? I love the looks of the No. 30 210 and 220. They remind me of the KingKong Fly Egg quads which I think are some of the best looking micros available.

The frame is quite nice. The description says the arms are 4mm thick, and they seemed even thicker than that to me so I got out the calipers, and I got 4.4mm readings on them. The frame goes together pretty easily. I used the new ARTOWER F4 Plus with 30A 4 in 1 ESC and I had to use four small standoffs to get the aluminum cage raised up a little to clear the stack. Otherwise though everything went together without a hitch.

Here's a few pics. You can see in the one with the motor that the arms are indeed quite beefy. The aluminum bits also have a nice anodized finish.

Here's a quick video of its first flight.

MANGO No. 30 220mm FPV Racing Drone Frame First Flight (3 min 26 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Dec 02, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2017, 11:45 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Flight video with Gemfan Whisky 5152 props coming later today
Feb 21, 2018, 04:58 AM
I bought a Mango 220mm No 30 frame from Gearbest
It's a nice frame except for a significant issue. The props hit on the body, the arms aren't long enough.

Using fairly standard 5X4X3 5040 KingKong props, they hit on the bolt heads at the front of the body.
DalProp 5045 don't hit though but the frame shouldn't be so tight that the type of 5" prop makes a difference.

I have fixed the problem by buying some pan head m3 bolts, I end up with about 1.5mm clearance between the kingkongs and the bolt heads
Feb 21, 2018, 06:21 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Strange, I never had that issue, and I used numerous brands/styles of 5 inch props.
Apr 28, 2018, 06:12 PM
Out of interest what does it weigh?

Quick Reply