Thin paper covered foam sheet? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 25, 2017, 04:43 AM
Idea

Thin paper covered foam sheet?

Any source for 1/32" or 1/16"thk paper covered foam board? That would be .75mm and thk.

If not, I'm thinking I can make my own sheets cut from 2lb styrofoam, as it's stiffer than 1/lb and cuts cleaner with a hot wire, Attaching straw colored tissue presents some problems but not insurmountable.

I want to cut ribs and use as wide wing sheeting , etc. A direct substitute for balsa.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 05:04 PM
Hope to get out of life alive
A long time ago I sheeted a foam core wing with "tag board". Maybe you could produce your own sheets using tag board and foam core. Use epoxy or Polyurethane glue to bond the parts together.

Oh, the wing worked just fine. It was plenty strong, maybe a tad heavy but my selection of tag board was pretty limited then.

Ken
Oct 28, 2017, 04:17 AM
supreme being of leisure
i've made my own foamboard using 60g kraft paper. much lighter and stiffer than the arts and crafts stuff. basic idea is that the paper goes on wet and then shrinks to create a drum tight skin. newsprint can be used for a lighter version. same idea and process as paper covered foam core wings.