Quick and dirty 450 swashplate leveller - RC Groups
Oct 24, 2017, 11:23 AM
Idea

Quick and dirty 450 swashplate leveller

Hi folks, I was on the search for a decent SWASHPLATE level instead of using cable ties and the majority that I could find were the type with a magnet and a slot in the side, I've not seen particularly good reviews on those as they allow movement.

All the full disk levels were ether silly money or for another size heli.

So there I am, sitting at my desk and I suddenly had a brainstorm, that V912 sitting on my windowsill has the same diameter Shaft and the gear is small enough to clear the swashplate guide!

So I rummaged about for a old gear, filed down the flange on one side so it can sit low enough and bosh! I have a free swashplate level!

The plastic gear fits really snug on the 450 Shaft, it's dead square and flat and the outer diameter of the gear sits right where the links are, it couldn't be better!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2017, 11:11 AM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
Steve, that was genius.

On another note... Did you make your own frames? Is it an electric motor on the tail? (I can't see a driven gear system for the tail, maybe it's hard to see in the photo)
Oct 31, 2017, 01:07 PM
Lord of the Strings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksteve
Hi folks, I was on the search for a decent SWASHPLATE level instead of using cable ties and the majority that I could find were the type with a magnet and a slot in the side, I've not seen particularly good reviews on those as they allow movement.
Great idea mate.. Necessity is the mother of invention!