RCG Place of the Month - Family Hobbies R/C - Smyrna, TN - RC Groups

RCG Place of the Month - Family Hobbies R/C - Smyrna, TN

This month's featured Place is Family Hobbies R/C located in Smyrna, TN. We've seen our fair share of local hobby shops close due to internet competition so it's nice to see a thriving hobby shop right here in middle TN.

Splash

RCGroups October Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Family Hobbies R/C located in Smyrna, TN. We've seen our fair share of local hobby shops close due to internet competition so it's nice to see a thriving hobby shop right here in middle TN. As the name suggests, this is a family owned business. Billy and Cindy Clemons opened the shop in April of 2011 and added an online ordering component in 2016. The workers are all very knowledgeable and helpful and my favorite part is they host indoor flying on Tuesdays starting November 7th and going through February 27th. Plan to stop by when you drive through or visit the area!

Check out the Family Hobbies Places Page on RCGroups

Oct 24, 2017, 08:02 PM
Nice people. I always try to buy something when I'm there.
Oct 25, 2017, 07:12 PM
It's my Local Hobby Shop ! I agree, it is nice to be able to go a mile a pick some stuff up. I always try Family hobbies first, and they are happy to order for you if they don't carry something ! Mike
Oct 26, 2017, 08:21 AM
Drop in there every time I am out Nashville way, great people and they still support nitro driven planes. Not everything is Chinese electric.
Oct 26, 2017, 03:32 PM
Love this place.
Oct 27, 2017, 06:36 PM
Ive been there couple times . Very nice and helpful people . I plan on stopping in again next time im through that way !
Oct 30, 2017, 08:13 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Hey! I used to stop in there almost every week. Good people. I don't get down that way much anymore. It's about an hour's drive from home.