Another FrSky question - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 23, 2017, 06:19 PM
Discussion

Another FrSky question

So I just picked up a Taranis X9D radio and some telemetry receivers and I'd like to set up telemetry on my planes. This isn't the same as telemetry on my Spektrum receivers where there was a spot for each sensor. The FrSky receivers say telemetry but where does everything plug in? Do I need the telemetry hub? Everything I'm finding is help on how to set it up on a quad, and that information is useless to me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2017, 08:06 PM
Would be nice to know what receivers you have. If they are X series then you are going to use the SPort on the RX to daisy chain your sensors in series using the provided male - male cables provided. The sensors may be in any sequence.

As a long time user of FrSky products I recommend If your TX is not running OpenTX 2.2.0 I suggest you update to 2.2 before you start setting the sensors up in the TX.
Oct 23, 2017, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh P
Would be nice to know what receivers you have. If they are X series then you are going to use the SPort on the RX to daisy chain your sensors in series using the provided male - male cables provided. The sensors may be in any sequence.

As a long time user of FrSky products I recommend If your TX is not running OpenTX 2.2.0 I suggest you update to 2.2 before you start setting the sensors up in the TX.
I think it is running that. I remember checking it and I think it's running the latest software. Also, I have one X8R, two V8R-II (which I know aren't telemetry capable), and then two more of the other 8 channel receivers, along with the X4R and the XM+.
Oct 27, 2017, 05:39 PM
Ok, another question. When you are using one of the redundancy bus', do you have to use the exact same receivers with them? Or can you use say, an X4R+ and an XM+?