Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4

The new PRO-MT 4x4 builds on the original 2wd version with a super strong drivetrain and plenty of performance upgrades standard.

The PRO-MT 4x4 from Pro-Line

A 1/10th scale Monster Truck For 1/8th Scale Power

The high performance Pro-Line Pro MT may have the same name as it's 2wd predecessor, but that's where the similarities end. The all new 4wd version is a pre-built roller with an impressive list of hop-up parts right out the box. Sporting a 4wd drivetrain with 1/8th scale Mod 1 gears, the Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4 is ready for the most demanding 1/10th scale or even 1/8th scale brushless systems on 4s Lipo power. Included are four Badmands MX28 tires on black 17mm F-11 wheels. Beefy 16mm big-bore dampers are designed to soak up whatever terrain the Pro-MT encounters; ride height adjustments are made easy with anodized CNC machined aluminum and threaded shock bodies for precision ride height adjustment.

Because Pro-Line couldn't stop with the suspension and drivetrain, they gave the Pro-MT 4x4 an aluminum and steel bi-metal chassis that's 3mm thick. Additional performance parts include an aluminum motor mount, front and rear sealed differentials, and a 50/50 weight balance from front to rear and side to side.

Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4 1:10 4WD Monster Truck (1 min 33 sec)

The Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4 retails for $424.96 and is built and ready for your electronics, whether mild or wild.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Pro-Line PRO-MT 4x4.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Oct 23, 2017 at 10:26 AM..
Oct 24, 2017, 08:39 AM
Did I make the A Main?
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to answer to the Tekno MT410... kinda wished ProLine didn't go with PBS, very few brands have been able to do PBS the right way.
Oct 24, 2017, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to answer to the Tekno MT410... kinda wished ProLine didn't go with PBS, very few brands have been able to do PBS the right way.

Canít agree more to that, that is only thing I donít like on this mt.
Oct 24, 2017, 11:14 AM
Did I make the A Main?
To be fair, it's hard to say that PL didn't properly implement their implementation of the PBS without testing, but I'm looking forward to seeing some feedback in the near future as folks start buying these kits!
Oct 24, 2017, 07:31 PM
Question...what is PBS?? Never heard that one
Oct 24, 2017, 08:07 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Pivot ball suspension.
Oct 24, 2017, 08:23 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Pivot ball suspension.
Most brands typically use plastic spindles which tend to stress and eventually crack where the pivot balls are captured, they often pop out... many folks will simply re-insert the pivot balls thinking that nothing is wrong but more than likely the damage is already done, even if not visible. Higher quality brands will use aluminum spindles to prevent cracking. Another common problem with PBS is the threads where the screw into the arms have a tendency to split/chip or simply strip out the threads of the arms. Upon closer inspection of the product pics, it looks like they're using far thicker plastic arms/spindles than what I've seen from most other brands using a PBS:

Oct 25, 2017, 09:09 AM
Born again RC'er
On the Other hand - Wrecks that will 'pop a ball' - if the car would have been a c-hub - probably would have broke the C-hub, or stripped the king pin out of the axle carrier. It takes a BIG it to make a ball pop out - this is not something that just happens while driving along...

As a racer, "you can't finish first if you don't finish", so 'pop-a-ball' is a bad thing. (not sure why a broke c-hub is preferred, though).

For a Basher (which this truck is) pop-a-ball is a 5 minute fix (wheel wrench and 2 allen keys) and you are running again., Break a C-hub and your day is done, unless you have spares.
Oct 25, 2017, 09:32 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Never broke a single C-Hub nor stripped any parts on any of my Tekno's: SCT410.1 + EB48.3 + ET48.3

I would consider myself a clean racer, but these cars always take some hard crashes when first learning a new track layout and trying to get the timing of the jumps right, I always invariably crash that would cause problems I've experienced with PBS in the past.
Dec 05, 2017, 02:11 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
I have to say this thing is a little tank! I threw an Arrma 6s blx185 setup in it and a really high torque blue bird servo in it and it is simply insane to bash with on 4s!! This is now my new favorite short wheelbase basher.