XPS EDF and Apple II computer - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 22, 2017, 11:05 PM
Discussion

XPS EDF and Apple II computer

Ok it's a Clone of an Apple II computer, but i'm sure our good friend Jim Drew has a way to use an Apple II to talk to an ESC for reprogramming.
So how do i hook this thing up? I can post pics if needed. Right now the only OS i have for it is an old version of CP/M for the apple II clone.

Cheers,
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2017, 10:25 PM
Ha! I am not sure what ESC you are using, but our ESC's require our USB interface. None of the retro computers are fast enough to run anything like this.
Oct 23, 2017, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Ha! I am not sure what ESC you are using, but our ESC's require our USB interface. None of the retro computers are fast enough to run anything like this.
Can you send me flash files to reprogramming ESC's to remove the voltage limitations? These Atmel chips don't like me too much at this time since most of the ESC's i'm trying to reprogram are locked, hence i need to wipe them and start from scratch.

Cheers,
Oct 24, 2017, 04:05 PM
There is no "voltage limitation" possible via firmware. The voltage is limited due to the FET drivers and FETs themselves.
Oct 25, 2017, 12:13 AM
Quote:
There is no "voltage limitation" possible via firmware. The voltage is limited due to the FET drivers and FETs themselves.
Most esc's won't recognize past 12 or 14 or what ever they are set up for. I have already swapped out fets on some of the more common HV ESC's and have had success on some, and got stuck on Voltage reading issues on others where I could not crack the firmware on the chip as it's password protected and i don't have time or a computer dedicated to crack it at this time. This cheap chinese tool has been more than effective. more so than i thought it would be. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/atmel-at...hing-tool.html

Perhaps you guys should sell me that Mig-29 you have been hording for years now... you know the one that looks nice but has all those gawd awful rivet everywhere. I'm sure it's dying to fly.
Last edited by Chingone; Oct 25, 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Oct 25, 2017, 12:39 AM
Again, the two HV controllers that we sold had no voltage limitations in the firmware. The hardware itself was limited by the FETs and FET drivers. So, there is nothing I can do to help you.
Oct 25, 2017, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Again, the two HV controllers that we sold had no voltage limitations in the firmware. The hardware itself was limited by the FETs and FET drivers. So, there is nothing I can do to help you.
I did not buy any ESC's from you....... i didn't know you sold esc's.... Tell Scott i said Hi.
Oct 26, 2017, 12:01 AM
So why are asking me to help you? Scott has not been involved with XPS in 5 years.