Work with Horizon Hobby, From Home!! - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Nixus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 22, 2017, 09:14 PM
Do I have to fly forward?
Discussion

Work with Horizon Hobby, From Home!!

Click here to apply!

Howdy folks,

As many of you have seen, HorizonHobby has a ‘live chat’ feature on their website where potential customers can ask questions, get advice, etc. If you’ve ever chatted with a ‘Jared B. from Illinois’ then you were chatting with me. It is a great deal where I can work from home as much or as little as I want, and choose my own hours. For providing this chat feature, the other chat advocates and I get paid generously in HorizonHobby credit, or in points that can be put towards lots of other useful things. So basically, Horizon sends me all sorts of stuff (of my choice) for me to sit at home in my pajamas and talk R/C with people. Its honestly lots of fun and a sweet gig!!

This is a work-when-you-want type of deal. You are only required to take about ten chats per month, which usually takes between 45 minutes to an hour. So, there is not an extreme commitment associated with this. You schedule yourself to work, or you can just log on whenever you want and not put yourself on the calendar at all. You truly have complete control over how much you log on.

We are looking for some experienced hobbyists to join our team and to become chat advocates. The criteria is pretty straight forward: The new member must be a Horizon Hobby superfan, knowledgeable in all aspects of the hobby, and over 18. We handle questions about planes, drones, helicopters, cars, boats, etc so it is important to be knowledgeable in these areas. However due to the fact that we cover such a wide area of expertise, every chat is different so things never get boring!!

If this sounds like something you are interested in, send me a private message through RCGroups so I can point you towards the application and we can get the ball rolling!! To summarize, you ‘work’ whenever you want, from home, and can be paid in HorizonHobby stuff of your choosing, all for sharing your knowledge and talk about the hobby.

If you have any questions or want more info PM me. Hobby on!!
Last edited by Nixus; Oct 22, 2017 at 10:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2017, 10:03 PM
This 'job' has very little commitment. The entire system is structured so that you can work when you want to. Its low-stress, and fun to do. No harm in submitting an application!!

Click here for the link.
Last edited by Nixus; Oct 22, 2017 at 10:32 PM.
Oct 22, 2017, 11:26 PM
The question has been asked asked how the compensation works. Here is a breakdown:

What exactly is the "compensation" towards HH stuff? Your vague description of this key aspect leads me (and probably others) to think it's not worth the effort to even apply.
Gotcha, no worries. Let me break down how the system works.

We get compensated based on performance statistics in three-hour segments. These include the amount of sales we contribute towards, the amount of customers we handle, the amount of questions we ask, how quickly we respond, our customers review us, etc.

Once you are done with the three hour block, you are told the amount of points that you have earned. For conversion purposes, you can multiply the amount of points you earn by .005, which results in the total dollar amount of HH credit you have,

So how much can you earn in a segment?

A lot of it depends on how well you perform. I'll give you an example from the last segment I finished, where I earned 14,440 points. That multiplied by .005 comes out to $72.20, or about $24 bucks an hour. Not bad.

My lowest segment has been around 8,000 points, which is equivalent to about $13.33 per hour. Still not bad.

After you complete 24 three-hour segments, you get a bonus. Mine was worth 24,500 points or about $120, so you can factor that into things as well.

All in all its a pretty awesome gig. Keep the questions coming and thanks for asking!!
Oct 23, 2017, 02:10 AM
BMFA 190658
Hi Jared,

Is this available in the UK or just the USA?

Tony
Oct 23, 2017, 09:55 AM
SilentPilot,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately this is only available to folks living within the U.S., but thanks for your interest!!
Oct 23, 2017, 09:57 AM
BMFA 190658
HH never do any deals for the UK
Oct 23, 2017, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
HH never do any deals for the UK
Yeah, I've heard that from a few friends 'across the pond' as they say. Sadly its just too complicated with taxes and shipping things, but again thanks for you question. Its a good one I didn't think to include.
Oct 23, 2017, 01:58 PM
Ah I was interested and then as usual nothing doing in the UK....
I wonder if there is any other companies that offer this sort of thing?
I have helped a couple of small companies out with promoting and reviews ideas and answering questions and the reward is I get to keep the stuff I reviewed but actually I enjoy seeing the small start up companies building up their business ...
Oct 23, 2017, 05:59 PM
Have fun
Applied. Always wondered who got these jobs.
Oct 23, 2017, 06:00 PM
I am VERY interested in doing this! PM sent
Oct 23, 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
I am VERY interested in doing this! PM sent
Replied

For those of you who are asking, no preparation is needed to fill out the questionnaire linked on my first post. If you are deemed eligible based off of your scores, you will be asked to complete some practice chats on a written exam.
Oct 24, 2017, 12:03 AM
RV1
RV1
I replied too.
Sounds like a great way to offset my hobby spending...
Oct 24, 2017, 12:39 AM
Just filled out a form
Oct 24, 2017, 04:33 PM
Thanks for applying everyone!!