Source for autogyro blades? - RC Groups
Oct 22, 2017, 04:48 PM
Discussion

Source for autogyro blades?

Iím looking for a reliable commercial source of model autogyro rotor blades. It appears that the sources described in this forumís sticky topic are no longer in business.

Here are a few sources Iíve found:

- HobbyKing / Durafly sporadically supplies replacement blades for the Auto-G2. These are fragile extruded foam with plastic leading edge.
- Banggood supplies replacement blades for Luobo autogyro. I donít know what materials are used.
- Spinblades provides ďasymmetricalĒ rc helicopter rotor blades, which I understand can be used for autogyros (with some tuning). Materials are carbon fiber and, Iím guessing, balsa core.

These sources provide a handful of sizes and material choices. Can anyone suggest other sources with a range of sizes and materials?

Yes I understand there are various techniques to make your own blades, but thatís not what Iím looking for here. Thanks for suggestions!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2017, 02:23 AM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
May help if you give us a clue where you are....

I just got some commercially available blades off eBay which seem pretty good but if you are on the other side of the globe that information probably won't be of much use.

Paul
Oct 25, 2017, 09:28 AM
The 1st Sofaman
@PaulB Are these blades of a flat bottom design? Can you send me a link?

Dave
Oct 25, 2017, 02:50 PM
Mike's Ma Maaaaaaaaan
Hi Dave,

https://www.ebay.de/itm/3-Rotorblatt...YAAOSwWxNYtH07

Flat bottomed SG6042 profile 95 Cm X 52 mm. Mine were different to these, they had the 'cuff' left Square for drilling mounting holes.

Paul
Oct 28, 2017, 11:38 AM
Hi @PaulB, Iím located in California.
Happy to contact vendors worldwide!