Unmanned aircraft airspace corridor. - RC Groups
Oct 22, 2017, 04:40 PM
Discussion

Unmanned aircraft airspace corridor.

A coalition is creating an airspace corridor in upstate New York where traffic management systems will be developed and unmanned aircraft can undergo safety and performance testing.

This was part of article in local paper. It has attached photograph of large helicopter that made me think of this forum.

Thought you fellow might like to see it. Not sure who makes it but it looks interesting.

Regards

Rick
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2017, 07:21 PM
Little weird how the landing gear on that UAV seems designed to look good at the expense of being good landing gear. Most helis use skids for a reason, they are simple and work well. Those three point gear are less stable and won't absorb shocks as well as regular plastic struts with skids.
Oct 23, 2017, 08:42 PM
rc user
doesn't seem like it would have much tail authority either.
Oct 23, 2017, 09:21 PM
I have see that thing in an article or something....
Something like a security surveillance drone with night vision and other stuff.
Oct 24, 2017, 04:32 PM
Hi

I did some additional looking and believe this system is from Pulse Aerospace from Lawrence Kansas.

I've added some information from their website with some specifications from the pulse vapor 55.

Wonder if some of you might like to fly something like this.
Last edited by Koopyetz; Oct 24, 2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Additional information
Oct 24, 2017, 04:59 PM
rc user
wonder where all the lipos are for 45min hover time?
Oct 24, 2017, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
wonder where all the lipos are for 45min hover time?
I sent pulse aerospace an email . Curious if they will reply. Let you know.
Oct 24, 2017, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopyetz
I sent pulse aerospace an email . Curious if they will reply. Let you know.
I hope you also asked if it can do 3D