Installing Phoenix 5 Sim w/o CD - RC Groups
Oct 22, 2017, 03:31 PM
Discussion

Installing Phoenix 5 Sim w/o CD

Hey guys, does anyone know if a full version of Phoenix can be downloaded from the web? I have a new laptop that doesn't have a CD drive but I do have the CD. A lot of good that does! So if I have previously registered my copy (which I don't remember if I did), can I download it and directly with any of the CD info I have from the box?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2017, 05:14 PM
I don't know if there is a download option but you can have a friend copy the entire CD to a USB stick and install from that. I had a similar problem on my laptop and it installed this way without a problem. Mine is version 5.5, if that matters.
Oct 22, 2017, 05:41 PM
Call Phoenix to make sure but it’s doubtful, they rely on you having the cable interface, without it won’t work
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Oct 22, 2017, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys. I have everything I need, I used it on my old laptop. I'll just have to wait and copy it to a USB stick at work. I was hoping to use it today, but...
Oct 25, 2017, 01:02 PM
If you cannot get it to function with a USB stick, You could try using an external CD-ROM drive. You can buy a cheap USB 2.0 cd drive on ebay for $10. For that price, it wouldn't hurt to try if the USB stick doesn't work.

*Disclaimer: I do not have any experience with these external cd drives, so I cannot say that they will work perfectly without running into other problems. Also be wary if you are told you need to download and install 3rd party software for the drive to work.