Custom brushless motor doesn't turn and just makes a high-pitched noise - RC Groups
Oct 22, 2017, 06:50 AM
Help!

Custom brushless motor doesn't turn and just makes a high-pitched noise

Hello! First post in the forum!
Anyway, so I just assembled this brushless motor. I hooked it up to an ESC (WP-SC8) and it just makes a high-pitched sound without spinning at all. The transmitter I am using is the Flysky GT3C. The receiver I am using is the one that came with the transmitter. Any help? My project is kind of due tomorrow,
Thanks!
Last edited by yrjosmiel73; Oct 22, 2017 at 01:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2017, 09:44 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
What brushless motor? Pictures? Winding and hookup?

Sticky: (Re)winding and building motors, tips & tricks, checks & tests
→ opening post
→ checks/tests 31 to 36, and 41.

Prettig weekend Ron
Oct 27, 2017, 10:48 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrjosmiel73
Hello! First post in the forum!
Anyway, so I just assembled this brushless motor. I hooked it up to an ESC (WP-SC8) and it just makes a high-pitched sound without spinning at all. The transmitter I am using is the Flysky GT3C. The receiver I am using is the one that came with the transmitter. Any help? My project is kind of due tomorrow,
Thanks!
What winding scheme? How many stator arms? How many magnets? Are some or all of the windings getting warm?

Enter your slots, magnets, and termination here and see if your scheme is valid:

Wind Image Calculator - http://www.bavaria-direct.co.za/scheme/calculator/

Common Schemes - http://www.bavaria-direct.co.za/scheme/common/

Jack