Help building an rc blimp - RC Groups
Oct 21, 2017, 08:37 AM
Help!

Help building an rc blimp

Hey all,

I am thinking of building an indoor/outdoor rc blimp, possibly around 10 ft in length. What material should I build it of, and where should I get it? How do I put the material together? What should I use for power, control, etc? Thanks for bearing with a complete newb. I have experience in quads and fixed-wing building, but nothing of the sort in lighter than air flight.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2017, 06:28 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwahlig1212
... possibly around 10 ft in length. ...
I'm not into blimps/airships, can't help you there, but ...

Extend ESC wires motorside, not batteryside:
too long battery wires will kill ESC over time: precautions, solutions & workarounds - RCG

Group
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rc_airship_regatta/info

Prettig weekend Ron
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Oct 21, 2017 at 06:38 PM.
Oct 22, 2017, 10:05 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Start with one of these. Add a foot to the length, and add simple rudders and elevators behind non gimbled props. DO NOT attempt to fly it out doors.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...32-Black-Eagle