EB-66C Team Member
You got it!

J
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2018, 02:59 PM
Arrowhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardW
Got it, so the tape with release agent is to provide a surface to work on when you lay up your home-made GRP sheets. Sounds like the Pro Skin stuff only they cure theirs under pressure. One day I'll try a home made version, sounds like good stuff. Thanks!
Curing under pressure forces out the excess resin, resulting in a lighter end product. Pretty much expected of a commercial product, but not a requirement for home brew.

The Buff is looking fantastic! There's even been some chat about it over on RC Scale Builders.
Jan 02, 2018, 03:28 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105
Curing under pressure forces out the excess resin, resulting in a lighter end product. Pretty much expected of a commercial product, but not a requirement for home brew.

The Buff is looking fantastic! There's even been some chat about it over on RC Scale Builders.
Thanks. I've done a bunch of reading over there on the various Buff builds. I just wish they would finish them up, I tend to get anxious.
Was really sorry to see what happened to Carl's after that engine out.

J
Jan 02, 2018, 06:17 PM
John, I was thinking of you over the weekend as I was blowing off some steam and flying some online combat missions on one of my online games. I had an open slot in the hanger and decided to buy a Buffalo in your honor. My stable is typically Mustangs, Spitfires and Lightenings, but I’ve got to say that little Buff handled really well. I managed to finish at the top of the team in total kills with the Buff, so I’m already a fan.

Ok, back to non-fantasy land..... LOL
Jan 03, 2018, 09:24 AM
Great work as always there John! Working here with much smaller spinner virtually, just ordered 3d printer.
Lot of practice here but first try with spinner have been hard but fun!

Cheers

-Jukka-

My wife bought donkey and i printer.
Jan 03, 2018, 10:21 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Great flying Dion! Glad you had success with the Buff, must have been set up with the Finnish model with better performance.
Get out there and kick some serious butt!

Jukka,
Good looking donkey! Our neighbors have one that brays every morning and evening at feeding time.
And 3D printing? Good for you. Man, Damon is converting the whole RC community it sounds like.

Been working on some details. Made plugs for the lower gussets for the lower edge of the front windscreen
and for the wing gun hoods that cover the rear of the guns and ammo loading area on the rear of the wing panels.
Also a pic of the wing together, this is a BIG wing.
And the "home brew" G-10 for the flaps.

J
Jan 03, 2018, 11:24 AM
What's the wing span ??

Woody
Jan 03, 2018, 11:35 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by w. X. Davis
what's the wing span ??

Woody
84"

j
Jan 03, 2018, 12:49 PM
John,
Maybe you should have gone 15% bigger! (That one was for Stacker). Looking good John.
Happy New Year all
Marty
Jan 03, 2018, 05:28 PM
Same to ya' Marty.

BTW ........... what ever became of your B2 ??

Woody
Jan 03, 2018, 06:47 PM
Rock On- Damon Atwood
I am either lucky, or getting better at this. The molds I made for the Brewster Carbon Fiber Gear turned out perfect!!!

Damon
Jan 03, 2018, 07:30 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Snell
John,
Maybe you should have gone 15% bigger! (That one was for Stacker). Looking good John.
Happy New Year all
Marty
I hear ya Marty. Yep, I think 15% would do it.
Happy New Year to you too.

Damon,
Yes, they sure look perfect from here.

J
Jan 03, 2018, 07:34 PM
They call me Lipo...
So I go to the SEFF website.....

And the Pre-reg is CLOSED.....WHAAAAT ?!?

I'm still planning on getting there early in the week (I actually have time off from rotation at that time by some sort of miracle ), but as for registration, I guess I'll have to Justwingit !
Latest blog entry: E-flite AT-6 1.5m!
Jan 03, 2018, 08:18 PM
deltas are cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214
I am either lucky, or getting better at this. The molds I made for the Brewster Carbon Fiber Gear turned out perfect!!!

Damon
Awesome lay them up with C/F tow and you should be in bussiness.
Jan 03, 2018, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
So I go to the SEFF website.....

And the Pre-reg is CLOSED.....WHAAAAT ?!?

I'm still planning on getting there early in the week (I actually have time off from rotation at that time by some sort of miracle ), but as for registration, I guess I'll have to Justwingit !
I sent Bob a note and suggested if they were going to advertise, they might want to update the web site. No answer yet. Most likely never.

L.

Quick Reply