Opale RC SkyDivers - RC Groups

Opale RC SkyDivers

Opale is bringing their experience from RC paragliders to the world of RC skydiving with the new Steven RC Parachute.

Splash

RC Paragliders from Opale

Opale is bringing their experience from RC paragliders to the world of RC skydiving with the new Steven RC Parachute. Opale teamed up with German champion Alfred Rachner for his technical skills to create these models. Skydiving parachutes are different from paragliding wings with rectangular designs and a much lower aspect ratio. That doesn't mean they don't fly well though. These are said to have a low sink rate and are highly controllable which allows pilots to spot land for competition or fun flying. You'll need a drone or drop plane to haul it up to altitude and once released the parachute should open quickly to allow long flight times. This is a unique discipline that you don't see that often at flying fields, but hopefully with this addition from Opale, more pilots will become interested and join the ranks.

Check out the RC Parachutes at Opale

Oct 20, 2017, 11:11 AM
killickb
A new adventure in flight but like the paragliders much too expensive for me to just jump in for the shorthaul. Wonder what the minimum size aircraft is required to haul one or two of these up?
Sure would make a day at the field a little more exciting though.
Oct 20, 2017, 11:48 AM
RCGroups Editor
I could imagine fpv'ing one of these from the drop, flown up in an airplane that's being fpv'ed...
Oct 20, 2017, 12:40 PM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
To get a scale look they used the 122 inch RC Pilot Decathlon.
Edit Correction -- 40% - 150 inch Decathlon

I'm betting any airplane that is slightly over powered will do the job.
Last edited by Charlescd; Oct 20, 2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: mistake on the plane size.
Oct 20, 2017, 12:43 PM
They actually have competitions on parachute jumping. Pretty cool.

https://www.opale-paramodels.com/de/...-internat.html
Oct 20, 2017, 06:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
This is so cool, but I am having so much fun with my Oxy PPG, I am more tempted to get a real BIG one next.
I've been really impressed with Opale, their quality and overall realism. I can't wait to get another!
Oct 24, 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I could imagine fpv'ing one of these from the drop, flown up in an airplane that's being fpv'ed...
I had an unsuccessful attempt at this, the rc skydiver being flown los, the FPV plane with an autopilot being able to be put in loiter mode after the drop allowing you to focus on flying the skydiver.

Personally I couldn't get the Hobbyking paraglider ($20 instead of $300) to deploy proper from my homemade d-bag (the other type of d-bag ), it would always get balled up in the process or not release at all.
Oct 24, 2017, 11:42 AM
RCG Admin
Oh that's cool though if you can make it work! One man operation for RC skydiving, pretty sweet.
Oct 24, 2017, 03:30 PM

RC SkDiver Opale Paramodels

@ parajared

If you want to fly it alone then a multicopter with GPS position hold is the safest thing you can do

If you want to fly with a second pilot, there are many possibilities of a jumping platform. Here in the picture times a possibility of a trike jump off.
The RC SkyDiver STEVEN presented here corresponds to the competition quality which is now also available to everyone in absolut high quality standards.

Developed and tested with the best pilots in Europe

Oct 24, 2017, 05:20 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Frank, do you ever make it over to the states?
Planning on attending any events like Nall or SEFF?

I would love to go to a Opale Meetup like you all have in Europe!
Oct 24, 2017, 06:20 PM

OPALE PARAMODELS & events in USA

@ Vapor Trails

Last year we were in Joe Nall along with Esprit our dealer for US.

In Europe, the paths are long but shorter than in the US for us.

We can not organize events from France like in Europe. Esprit was also present at the events mentioned by you and has also flown with paragliders of Opale Paramodels. Otherwise you will see soon the SkyDiver STEVEN in many Airshow.
Perhaps Esprit can also organize something together with Jason Cole.

Frank
Oct 24, 2017, 08:22 PM
RCG Admin
Yeah we definitely need to get a Paraglider event going in 2018!
Oct 25, 2017, 12:24 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I'd be in!

I good for anywhere on the East Coast!
(just not in April- baby due)
Oct 25, 2017, 06:26 AM
Hi Frank,
I went on the website and found the Steven Parachute but I could not find the Skydiver.

Is the Skydiver also available and not up on the website or it's not in production yet?

thanks
Oct 25, 2017, 09:18 AM

Order SkyDiver STEVEN and preorder Pilot

@ Charlescd

Yes in the moment you can see only the parachute.

The pilot for SkyDiver STEFEN and the full sets you will find very soon on the website.

I will inform you here in the group when you find all on the website. At the moment, we accept reservations.

Frank