Vortex 230 Mojo - New ARF ImmersionRC FPV Racer - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 20, 2017, 07:38 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
New Product

Vortex 230 Mojo - New ARF ImmersionRC FPV Racer


The new ARF Drone Racer - Vortex 230 Mojo - From ImmersionRC is released, w/ TrampHV and updated electronics.

ImmersionRC Vortex 230 Mojo 230mm FPV Racing Drone F3 48CH 1-600mW VTX 600TVL PNP National Version
https://www.banggood.com/ImmersionRC-Vortex-230-Mojo-230mm-FPV-Racing-Drone-F3-48CH-1-600mW-VTX-600TVL-PNP-National-Version-p-1214869.html


........






Features:
- Chamfered Carbon Fibre, and a new blend of molded, tough plastic
- Lightweight Titanium Torx hardware
- Direct connection to PPM, Spektrum, S-Bus, XBus receivers
- All electronics conformally coated for protection


Notes:
- F3 CPU, I wonder why not F4
- VTX settings using Radio control with Spektrum, What About Frsky Taranis LUA Script ?
- Even in promotional video vibration and jello is visible, which only shows hows serious and common this problem is
- GoPro session mount is nice to have

What do you think ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2017, 07:38 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
reserved
Oct 20, 2017, 08:41 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
- Even in promotional video vibration and jello is visible, which only shows hows serious and common this problem is

What do you think ?
Well... I think it looks great! Considering this quad more and more! (pondering between the QQ190 and this one)
Did watch the video but I don't notice the vibration that much?
But if there is and they couldn't even fix that for the promotion video there can be a serious problem indeed.
Do you think it maybe has a design flaw?

(I fly the Vortex 150 and although I like it a lot, it has some vibrations I do notice at times, which I think maybe can be fixed by better PID settings, but not sure about that)
Oct 21, 2017, 07:24 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Axeman
Well... I think it looks great! Considering this quad more and more! (pondering between the QQ190 and this one)
Did watch the video but I don't notice the vibration that much?
But if there is and they couldn't even fix that for the promotion video there can be a serious problem indeed.
Do you think it maybe has a design flaw?

(I fly the Vortex 150 and although I like it a lot, it has some vibrations I do notice at times, which I think maybe can be fixed by better PID settings, but not sure about that)
In the beginning of the video there are none, later on there are a few but I guess it could also be, bent props from crash or something like that,
when it's new it's all good, once you crash a little bit things change, move, motors aren't smooth anymore etc..
Oct 21, 2017, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
In the beginning of the video there are none, later on there are a few but I guess it could also be, bent props from crash or something like that, when it's new it's all good, once you crash a little bit things change, move, motors aren't smooth anymore etc..
True, lots of factors that can play a role there.

Biggest question for now I have is if the VTX power will be restricted to max 25mW for the Vortex 230 versions which are gonna be distributed here in Europe. I have the Vortex 150 (international version) which should have VTX power to be set from 1mW -> 600mW but they still restricted that to max 25mW probably because of European law here. I think they should mention that in the specs advertized but they don't. If it's the same for Vortex 230 then I'm not interested. So waiting first for reviews here in Europe before I order.
Oct 22, 2017, 09:24 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Axeman
True, lots of factors that can play a role there.

Biggest question for now I have is if the VTX power will be restricted to max 25mW for the Vortex 230 versions which are gonna be distributed here in Europe. I have the Vortex 150 (international version) which should have VTX power to be set from 1mW -> 600mW but they still restricted that to max 25mW probably because of European law here. I think they should mention that in the specs advertized but they don't. If it's the same for Vortex 230 then I'm not interested. So waiting first for reviews here in Europe before I order.
If you order from banggood I think you'll get the International version, they write National which I think it means International.

The TrampHV VTX configuration using Taranis Radio is so common by now for over a year, I just wonder if there will be a mod
where you could use that feature to tune the VTX using the Radio LUA script menu

I wrote a guide about it a while back so it's really a basic feature now..
http://www.nitbeatfpv.com/tramphv-un...ttings-taranis
Oct 26, 2017, 08:07 AM
Registered User
nitbeat's Avatar
Do you even MOJO bruh!? (1 min 57 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product ImmersionRC Vortex MOJO 230 kydawg1 FPV Racing 107 Today 12:00 AM
Discussion Vortex 230 Mojo Flying Axeman Mini Multirotor Drones 1 Oct 26, 2017 09:03 PM
Discussion Storm Racing vs ImmersionRC Vortex hedonist222 FPV Racing 3 Jul 25, 2015 12:59 PM