Tacoma, WA, USA
Discussion

Oregon man faces felony charge for shooting drone out of the sky

http://komonews.com/news/local/man-f...out-of-the-sky
(pardon me if already posted)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2017, 12:15 PM
And You're Not
He's lucky - he could have missed and hit an airplane.
Latest blog entry: My Quads
Oct 20, 2017, 01:18 PM
STICKS FORWARD!
Criminal Mischief....The other day a bunch of kids were apprehended shooting "paintballs" at patrons of a local Pub here. They were charged with "Assault." Mostly because they targeted People.

The Drone's camera got a nice shot of the "shooter."

He turned himself in ? Probably because you can see his License Plate in the Picture.

Probably claiming he was shooting at birds. Maybe a worst offense than shooting at a drone ?
Last edited by jinly; Oct 21, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
Oct 20, 2017, 02:01 PM
And You're Not
Looks like we need to register gun owners and make it illegal to own a gun within 10 miles of an airport.
Oct 20, 2017, 02:10 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
No one should be able to use a gun within 5 miles of a flying field unless they are standing more then 400 feet from the ground.
Oct 20, 2017, 02:20 PM
No, he needs to hand his pellet gun over to the authorities and given a voucher for a free Drone so he can go film other people that thought they had a "reasonable amount of privacy" as being a U.S. citizen. But we'll need to educate and test him before he flies the Drone.
Oct 20, 2017, 04:49 PM
‛٭٭(▫▫)٭٭
People abusing privilege, violating privacy or harassing is what got us to registration and other foolishness, the drone operator got what he asked for.
Oct 20, 2017, 05:14 PM
Is funny as the drone pilot went right off to the authorities as his toy got taken out of the sky as for him he saw that as a such a offensive crime that it needed perusing so he could have justice, but I wonder if his vid or for any many many other drone pilots if this were the same that if instead it was showing it bouncing of a plane that caused a crash an then death of dozens of people that would have been the same first thing to have done with his footage.

Honestly I don't know for sure, but for either one of the two collisions that have happened recently, or any of the other sightings and close calls any other drone pilots have done...have any once they found out that happened then come forward on their own to turn themselves in?
Oct 20, 2017, 05:23 PM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir
Is funny as the drone pilot went right off to the authorities as his toy got taken out of the sky as for him he saw that as a such a offensive crime that it needed perusing so he could have justice,
So you'd be OK with me shooting one of your toy planes down?

Cool!
Oct 20, 2017, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
So you'd be OK with me shooting one of your toy planes down?

Cool!
Yeah, thats was the point I was making...am so glad you were able to see through the smoke of my cover point to see what I was actually trying to say.
Oct 20, 2017, 05:45 PM
And You're Not
Glad we're on the same page - somebody destroys my personal property, I'd hope to have some legal recourse.
Oct 20, 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
Glad we're on the same page - somebody destroys my personal property, I'd hope to have some legal recourse.
Trust me, we are not even in the same library.
Oct 20, 2017, 06:21 PM
And You're Not
So you're OK with one person destroying the property of another with no legal repercussions? I find that attitude abhorrent.

Are you equating some harmless flying around a recreational pond with ramming a drone into an airliner?
Oct 20, 2017, 07:16 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
I couldn't even discern a point in that ramble, WB.
Oct 20, 2017, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
I couldn't even discern a point in that ramble, WB.
I know, its been a really long and technically challenging day/week.

Am basically typing with my eyes practically closed.

My intentions and thoughts were right but I just couldn't seem to get them across properly.

Oh well.