This thread is privately moderated by bennetbr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 19, 2017, 01:14 PM
Discussion

PNW Soaring Contests Master Calendar

Pacific Northwest Soaring Contests Master Calendar

https://sites.google.com/site/pnwsoaringcalendar/

Most of the 2018 events have been added.

This includes the following clubs:

Portland Soaring Society
Northwest Soaring Society
Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association
Helena Flying Tigers

I'm sure more will be added as schedules are finalized.

Brian Bennett
Last edited by bennetbr; Nov 26, 2017 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2017, 11:56 PM
doo
doo
Brian, great idea. Thanks for taking the time to set this up. I'm interested in all events soaring related, electric, string or hand launch. This calendar should help keep track of the events. Thanks for setting this up, I will checking the calendar frequently.
Oct 20, 2017, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the support Josh. I hope it gets more people involved with soaring. It is vital to get the individual clubs to participate by adding events for it to be useful. So hopefully it will catch on.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo
Brian, great idea. Thanks for taking the time to set this up. I'm interested in all events soaring related, electric, string or hand launch. This calendar should help keep track of the events. Thanks for setting this up, I will checking the calendar frequently.
Oct 26, 2017, 12:48 AM

Update

The following club events have been added for 2018

Northwest Soaring Society

Portland Area Soaring Society

Brian
Oct 26, 2017, 10:38 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
I'm not seeing the NWSS events for 2018?
Oct 26, 2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Strangely they were on the calendar last night. I'm working on figuring out what happened to them.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
I'm not seeing the NWSS events for 2018?
Oct 27, 2017, 01:27 AM
Ok fixed now.

NWSS and PASS are working on there schedules and will upload in the future. Stay tuned.
Oct 27, 2017, 02:07 PM

Calendar

This will be very helpful.
Thanks Brian.
Cary
Oct 29, 2017, 03:57 PM

NWSS and PASS Calendars

Both the PASS and NWSS calendars for 2018 are updated and visible.

Brian
Oct 30, 2017, 04:34 PM
Red Merle ALES VII SJ
So I see PASS has a TD contest the weekend we have our annual Montana Summer ALES Event.
Is that a big deal to you west coasters as one is electric and one is string launch?

Thanks
Curtis
Oct 30, 2017, 04:57 PM
Good question. I'm not a member of either club. ALES is kinda it's own thing. NWSS and PASS I think both will allow electric launch instead of using the winch. Hence a ALES pilot could compete. How many would? No idea. But this is a good example of using the calendar to avoid conflicts. So it's your call if you want to avoid overlapping events.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Suter
So I see PASS has a TD contest the weekend we have our annual Montana Summer ALES Event.
Is that a big deal to you west coasters as one is electric and one is string launch?

Thanks
Curtis
Nov 02, 2017, 03:26 PM
Red Merle ALES VII SJ
Helena Flying Tigers Soaring Contests added for 2018.
Curtis
Dec 02, 2017, 10:38 PM

2018 Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association ALES Contests Update

All the 2018 TCMAA contests have been added.

Brian
Jan 19, 2018, 10:23 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Suter

Thanks
Curtis

Hi Curtis,

The NWSS contests are season points events. If I have to chose between your event and an NWSS event I'll have to go with NWSS. It's the same for a lot of folks in this area. I'd rather be able to go to both events if possible. All other events on the calendar are just local club events, .i.e PASS etc.

Jim
Jan 19, 2018, 01:26 PM
Red Merle ALES VII SJ
Well Jim hopefully they will change their date so you can make ours. I don’t expect that to happen as we sure will miss you.
I am not sure of their history of dates for their event but this is the seventh consecutive year for our event on the same date. We can’t change it as too many folks have already inked their calendar. Heck I just received a call about it last week.

See you in Vegas!
Curtis

Quick Reply