PNW Soaring Contests Master Calendar - RC Groups
Oct 19, 2017, 02:14 PM
Discussion

PNW Soaring Contests Master Calendar

Here's the link to the public calendar. Only club administrators can add events. All events should be visible to the public.

https://sites.google.com/site/pnwsoaringcalendar/

I am developing a master calendar specific to soaring contests in the PNW (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and BC. Ideally it would have all events for each class etc listed.

This thread is meant for discussion, development and management of the calendar. I reserve the right to moderate the posts if they are not related.

In the next few weeks a link to a calendar will be provided here. If you are a club in the PNW that would like access to add events send me a PM with your information and I will work that into the development.

Brian Bennett
Last edited by bennetbr; Oct 27, 2017 at 02:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2017, 12:56 AM
doo
doo
Brian, great idea. Thanks for taking the time to set this up. I'm interested in all events soaring related, electric, string or hand launch. This calendar should help keep track of the events. Thanks for setting this up, I will checking the calendar frequently.
Oct 20, 2017, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the support Josh. I hope it gets more people involved with soaring. It is vital to get the individual clubs to participate by adding events for it to be useful. So hopefully it will catch on.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo
Brian, great idea. Thanks for taking the time to set this up. I'm interested in all events soaring related, electric, string or hand launch. This calendar should help keep track of the events. Thanks for setting this up, I will checking the calendar frequently.
Oct 26, 2017, 01:48 AM

Update

The following club events have been added for 2018

Northwest Soaring Society

Portland Area Soaring Society

Brian
Oct 26, 2017, 11:38 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
I'm not seeing the NWSS events for 2018?
Oct 26, 2017, 11:55 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Strangely they were on the calendar last night. I'm working on figuring out what happened to them.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
I'm not seeing the NWSS events for 2018?
Oct 27, 2017, 02:27 AM
Ok fixed now.

NWSS and PASS are working on there schedules and will upload in the future. Stay tuned.
Oct 27, 2017, 03:07 PM

Calendar

This will be very helpful.
Thanks Brian.
Cary
Oct 29, 2017, 04:57 PM

NWSS and PASS Calendars

Both the PASS and NWSS calendars for 2018 are updated and visible.

https://sites.google.com/site/pnwsoaringcalendar/

Brian
Oct 30, 2017, 05:34 PM
Red Merle ALES VI
So I see PASS has a TD contest the weekend we have our annual Montana Summer ALES Event.
Is that a big deal to you west coasters as one is electric and one is string launch?

Thanks
Curtis
Oct 30, 2017, 05:57 PM
Good question. I'm not a member of either club. ALES is kinda it's own thing. NWSS and PASS I think both will allow electric launch instead of using the winch. Hence a ALES pilot could compete. How many would? No idea. But this is a good example of using the calendar to avoid conflicts. So it's your call if you want to avoid overlapping events.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Suter
So I see PASS has a TD contest the weekend we have our annual Montana Summer ALES Event.
Is that a big deal to you west coasters as one is electric and one is string launch?

Thanks
Curtis
Nov 02, 2017, 04:26 PM
Red Merle ALES VI
Helena Flying Tigers Soaring Contests added for 2018.
Curtis