Universal Fuselage Building Fixture (UFBF) Rockytop Models - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 19, 2017, 12:25 PM
flying beam

Universal Fuselage Building Fixture (UFBF) Rockytop Models

Does anyone know if Rockytop Models still in business ?

I bought a UFBF on the 4th October via PayPal, sent an email on the 8th for international shipping charges.

To this day no reply whatsoever...

Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2017, 01:40 PM
B for Bruce
I wouldn't panic just yet. I gather it's a one person operation. They might be out of town on their "other" job or some other circumstance that keeps them from replying. Might be as simple as the family computer puked and he's still waiting on a new one. Or possibly Tennessee got hit by part of that last hurricane and he's out in the country where he's one of the last to get services restored. And in fact I just checked and Tn WAS hit and by the looks of the news it was hit hard in some areas. So that's likely the reason for his not replying in good time. And by the quick look at just the one story I hope it is ONLY a lack of services. It could be that he's looking at a lot of damage to the house too.
Oct 19, 2017, 05:04 PM
flying beam
I understand that, I'll wait quietly now .

Hope that they are well.
Dec 05, 2017, 03:13 PM
Kansas is windy.
Looks like their web site is down. Does anyone know if they are in business?
Dec 06, 2017, 02:40 AM
flying beam
Have now paid for the jig, then international shipping after asked for, and now two months later still nothing, no emails reply nothing.

I'll make a PP complaint and ask for a refund, not worth the hassle.

Real shame...
Dec 06, 2017, 02:24 PM
It was difficult to get any responses when I bought my jig last year...finally got it, though.
Dec 06, 2017, 08:54 PM
Arguably... IF one requires a "bought' fuse Jig... then possibly this isn't the model build style that fits your skill set ?
Dec 06, 2017, 10:40 PM
Arguably some of us would rather just buy the jig and get building since arguably there isn't enough time for everything that we'd arguably like to do with work, family, other hobbies, etc...
Dec 07, 2017, 12:06 AM
flying beam
Could not agree more Jon.
Dec 27, 2017, 03:56 PM
From The Lab
Any news on Rocky Top? The website remains down.
Dec 28, 2017, 01:54 AM
flying beam
PayPal refunded me, don't know if it was the vendor or if he didn't reply to PP in time.
Jan 03, 2018, 09:27 AM
Have a feeling that it is gone. I got a few RT kits from a friend a few years ago and wanted to order some spares. A number of Emails went unanswered, so I finally called. When I described what I wanted (spare canopy plan and markings plus other accessories), he simply hung up with no comment...

Quick Reply