Discussion

New UMX Vapor Lite HP

New indoor flier just in time for indoor season

https://www.horizonhobby.com/umx-vap...basic-eflu6850
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2017, 11:59 AM
Hey all,

Here is the product video!

E-flite UMX Vapor Lite HP RTF & BNF Basic (2 min 37 sec)

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Oct 19, 2017, 02:16 PM
I love it.
Oct 19, 2017, 02:23 PM
Lifetime Member
Does this mean the "high speed tuck" has been eliminated?
Oct 19, 2017, 02:53 PM
Nice house Matt!
Oct 19, 2017, 03:10 PM
Pete,

I wish it was mine! hehe

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Oct 19, 2017, 03:12 PM
this space for rent
any reason for it being so short coupled? It looks like a vapor wing was put on a minivapor fuselage. The performance it pretty good though!
Oct 19, 2017, 03:49 PM
funwithplanes,

The Vapor Lite HP is the same length as the Mini Vapor.

I made the rudder post a little taller and added an additional hole in the control horns to allow for more throw. The Vapor Lite HP flies at about the same wing loading as the Night Vapor but is about 3/4 the size and weight. It allows for loops that are about a foot and a half in diameter, and with the extra throw you can do the spin and some of the other things in the video.

The Vapor Lite HP also uses a 17,000 kV motor to allow for vertical like you see.

Here is a photo of all the different size Vapors, the FPV Vapor is the same physical size as the original Parkzone Vapor as well as the Night Vapor.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Oct 19, 2017, 04:01 PM
Very cool.

I think I might be one of the few where high Alpha flying does nothing for me but this plane looks way more capable than my Night Vapor so it would be a blast in a basement or big garage with a little more room.
Last edited by Fearless Flight; Oct 19, 2017 at 04:13 PM.
Oct 19, 2017, 06:24 PM
So happy to see a new Vapor! Also happy to see the 1s planes being kept alive!
Oct 19, 2017, 06:40 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
I knew something was off... I was hoping for a revival of the original Vapor.

Combine the the original airframe with the smaller/lighter electronics, and you'll have something that actually supercedes the original.
Oct 19, 2017, 11:04 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
funwithplanes,

The Vapor Lite HP is the same length as the Mini Vapor.

I made the rudder post a little taller and added an additional hole in the control horns to allow for more throw. The Vapor Lite HP flies at about the same wing loading as the Night Vapor but is about 3/4 the size and weight. It allows for loops that are about a foot and a half in diameter, and with the extra throw you can do the spin and some of the other things in the video.

The Vapor Lite HP also uses a 17,000 kV motor to allow for vertical like you see.

Here is a photo of all the different size Vapors, the FPV Vapor is the same physical size as the original Parkzone Vapor as well as the Night Vapor.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Thank you for this picture.

I was struggling to visualize the difference between this and my Night Vapor.

I will be grabbing one of these when it becomes available. Should be fun inside the house.
Oct 19, 2017, 11:32 PM
In the video on the board you can see different models on their and from the top to bottom you can see the Cirrus and later the aero Commander and then this model. After that it says AT6, so I'm putting money down that the AT6 is coming out next but it's hard to get a good look at the board
Oct 19, 2017, 11:37 PM
I got a better picture and now you can see a B2 edf (I'm assuming park size), and then there's a carbon z model can't make that one out. And then a wild cat probably park size as well, a umx b29 which I'm assuming is twin brushless 🙏😀 and then a tri racer which might be cool if I knew what it was.
Oct 20, 2017, 01:23 AM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_The_Pilot
I got a better picture and now you can see a B2 edf (I'm assuming park size), and then there's a carbon z model can't make that one out. And then a wild cat probably park size as well, a umx b29 which I'm assuming is twin brushless 🙏😀 and then a tri racer which might be cool if I knew what it was.
AT-6
B-2
CZ Globe Swift
Wildcat
UMX B-29
Tri Pacer