This thread is privately moderated by KRProton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 19, 2017, 09:26 AM
"Have that removed!"
Thread OP
Discussion

Latest blog entry

I haven’t updated my blog page in a while, so thought I’d take a moment to do so now. Today I’ll just give a rundown of what’s been going on with me this year mostly as it pertains to RC Groups and my RC activities. My RC focus the last couple of years has been AMA pylon racing. Though I’ll never totally get out of F5D pylon and it will always have a place in my heart (I still have three different F5D planes I am flying today), I’ve gotten a bit away from that because the opportunities for AMA pylon racing here in the states are so competitive and plentiful! I’ve been fortunate enough to compete at a variety of venues including Phoenix, AZ, Wichita, KS, three different races at the AMA HQ in Muncie, IN (including the Nat’s of course), Cincinnati, OH, Michigan and finally, the “Champ” race in North Carolina!

Over the course of a total of eight races this year my main interest has been Quarter 40 (Q40) powered by .40 cu in glow engines. Sounds rather sedate, but Q40 planes have been “radared” at over 200mph on the course!

The summer really got crazy when we decided a change of pace would be good and my wife took a new position at a small community college in West Virginia! She relocated in July while I stayed back in Champaign to sell and manage the house, but we’ll be reunited in our new home at the end of October! Through this, I managed to hold to my pylon schedule, though the last couple of months have been hectic to say the least!

I’ll probably be less active on RC Groups for a while until we get settled (and I get my model shop up-and-running), but looking forward to the next year of pylon racing!

Tim
Latest blog entry: Latest blog entry
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply