Feels good to be back! I can see Vincent from my home - RC Groups
Oct 19, 2017, 02:00 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Discussion

Feels good to be back! I can see Vincent from my home

After a ton of issues back to back I finally moved in to a place within 20 min or so to Parker and Vincent. What a great feeling

Itís great to be back to DS landmarks in my backyard .

I have another 2 weeks or so before I can transfer all my stuff over so I can take a breath to start looking for a slope/DS plane to buy to get to flying again and Iím so excited about it.

This morning I took my truck up Parker mt and just relaxed up there for about an hour remembering the great times had up there.

I am so out of the loop when it comes to the go to planes for a day of fun but I plan to get a foamy first and then save up for a good olí Destiny and see how fast I can get it going again.

Anyone know of anybody selling a foamy to just get in the air? Eventually Iíll build a fresh JW but Iíd be thrilled with just about anything to get my reaction time back and coordination.

Are people still flying Parker? Santa Anaís should be coming around soon and Iím thrilled

If anyone plans on going up hit me up, I miss all my flying buddies and Iím sure there are new flyers burning some circles. I have to do my research on the electronics people are using now since last time I flew I think I was running 72mhz and hs-85mg, hs-125mg ans hs-625mg servos were what I ran for the most part.

Iím pretty tapped out after the cost of the move but if anyone has a beater they would sell next month please let me know. Iíd like to just get back in the air on those days I have the urge to fly for a little while

Looking forward to catching up with my old pals and meeting what I hope are new groups that are calling Parker/Vincent home. Jeepers and flyers have always been the best group of people to hang with

Hope to see some of yíall on the mountain soon
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2017, 03:08 AM
This is what's been going on at Parker recently
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...arker-Mountain
A lot more activity on the summit ridge these days.
Oct 19, 2017, 06:25 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Glad to hear your back JOe!!!
Oct 19, 2017, 09:28 AM
Rock Breaker
Joe
I don't have any foamie just a couple of old layup Rock Breakers.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5-Rock-Breaker
$100au posted just add elects etc be good for some glassy fun to get your thumbs tuned before a new RB.

Gaza
Oct 19, 2017, 04:04 PM
Fire is close, but we're okay!
Fantastic Joe! Hit up Parker this weekend, we will be there.
Oct 20, 2017, 12:39 AM
Welcome back JOe! Look forward to seeing you soon out on the hill...
Oct 20, 2017, 06:46 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
JOe, you'd like the rock breaker. Give one a go
Oct 20, 2017, 01:11 PM
Objects in mirror are losing
I've got a spare Hitec Optic 6 with 2.4 module if you can't score a better radio. I'll bring it down next visit.
Oct 28, 2017, 06:21 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogance
Fantastic Joe! Hit up Parker this weekend, we will be there.
Pretty much all sorted out with my stuff here, pretty much have everything taken care of or appointments for whats out of my control but if anyone is flying this weekend or halloween let me know and i'll give it my best effort to get up the hill. Truck is a 2wd so basic parker is do-able, top of parker is out of driving ability as well as Vincent.

Now that things have gotten sorted I am going to try and find a flyable plane and then save for a cheap XJ that can pass smog to get me back up and down the hills and trails with the Jeepers.
Oct 29, 2017, 08:31 PM
Rock Breaker
Joe
Spencer has a sample Rock Breaker that is going to be yours talk with him about getting it. He even put it together and test flew it for you lol. Hope you enjoy.

Gaza
Oct 29, 2017, 09:12 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazasmith
Joe
Spencer has a sample Rock Breaker that is going to be yours talk with him about getting it. He even put it together and test flew it for you lol. Hope you enjoy.

Gaza
Hahaha, yeah I spoke with him a few hours ago. Ive been researching the thread on it. Gives me time to focus on acquiring the equipment I need a little slower and with more knowledge as well as the typical building supplies/tools. Can't wait to meet up with Spencer and take the Rock Breaker for a spin while im building the Sonic that im going to order end of next week.

I have too much furniture so I gotta clear out some room and get a little fold up table to work on the projects. Super excited about it
Oct 29, 2017, 11:59 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Really giving me the warm fuzzies seeing you revved up about getting back up the hill, JOe.

You were one of the main influencing factors of me getting into DS in the first place. Watching your videos from Parker, following your build thread on the Destiny and buying my first one over 10 years ago now with my first paycheque. Following your advice and breaking 200mph for the first time.

Wishing you all the best and maybe we will catch up in April/May this year in SoCal...
Oct 30, 2017, 12:17 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX HEWSON
Really giving me the warm fuzzies seeing you revved up about getting back up the hill, JOe.

You were one of the main influencing factors of me getting into DS in the first place. Watching your videos from Parker, following your build thread on the Destiny and buying my first one over 10 years ago now with my first paycheque. Following your advice and breaking 200mph for the first time.

Wishing you all the best and maybe we will catch up in April/May this year in SoCal...
well I was very fortunate to live a block over from Pat Bowman who really helped me get started and how it all worked. I know I got tons of people into flying but so many have stopped or changed hobbies which i understand. I got into shooting for a while and then moved to texas where there wasn't a mole hill to fly on so it just kind of escaped me.

April/May, I'll be here, hopefully we can meet up and get to a hill.

Im looking at my truck which I own and love like "Damn you Texas, If I bought this in CA it would of been a 4x4 model" hahaha. I'll have to slowly save up for a an early 90's Jeep Cherokee since I know them inside and out and they are extremely capable with just throwing some all terrain tires on them and they can be bought for about a grand..... in due time