New HobbyKing radio - Orange TX6i - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 18, 2017, 09:00 PM
slats move, slots don't
Discussion

New HobbyKing radio - Orange TX6i

OrangeRx Tx6i Full Range 2.4GHz DSM2/DSMX 6ch Radio System - HobbyKing Product Video (1 min 16 sec)
Last edited by AndyHK; Apr 25, 2018 at 05:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2017, 04:39 PM
slats move, slots don't
Now available:

OrangeRx Tx6i Full Range 2.4GHz DSM2/DSMX compatible 6ch Radio System (Mode 2) International Version

OrangeRx Tx6i Full Range 2.4GHz DSM2/DSMX 6ch Radio System - HobbyKing Daily (1 min 57 sec)
Last edited by AndyHK; Apr 25, 2018 at 05:22 AM.
Jan 17, 2018, 12:21 AM
slats move, slots don't
First Look: Orange Tx6i DSM2/X Radio (12 min 47 sec)
Last edited by AndyHK; Apr 25, 2018 at 05:23 AM.
Jan 17, 2018, 11:23 AM
I wonder if they'll try to be legal this time?

Andy
Jan 17, 2018, 11:54 AM
Being a DSM2/DSMX radio, is it licensed by Spektrum? Will it work with Spektrum products?
Jan 17, 2018, 01:52 PM
No, it's not licensed. It's illegal to sell in the EU. It uses Horizon trademarks incorrectly and can thus be refused importation to the USA and EU and other countries.

It might nominally work with some Spektrum products, but by no means is it a proper DSM2 or DSMX.

Andy
Jan 18, 2018, 01:44 AM
Category Manager - Planes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_56
Being a DSM2/DSMX radio, is it licensed by Spektrum?
The radio is DSM2/DSMX compatible.

Quote:
Will it work with Spektrum products?
Fully compatible. All relevant certifications FCC and EU etc.
Last edited by HobbyKing_Ian; Jan 18, 2018 at 01:54 AM.
Jan 18, 2018, 03:11 AM
most exalted one
So Canada is not relevant!
You know if you get FCC you can submit fees and documentation to the Canadian regulator and get certification.
Jan 18, 2018, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
The radio is DSM2/DSMX compatible.

Fully compatible. All relevant certifications FCC and EU etc.
Dear Ian, slap all the certifications you like on it, you do realise that DSM2 is not allowed in the EU/UK on new products anymore right? Specs on the website suggest the only difference between the radios is the power output is locked.

Although feel free to correct me and let us all know the EU/UK versions are DSMX (almost) compatible only, so they are legal.
Jan 18, 2018, 05:08 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60
So Canada is not relevant!
You know if you get FCC you can submit fees and documentation to the Canadian regulator and get certification.
Even the ones that do actually get FCC normally don't care about Canada. Not a big enough market I guess. Not really a big deal for them anyway if retailers keep bringing it in and plopping it right on the shelves and on-line. There's no real enforcement.
Jan 18, 2018, 06:59 AM
★★★★★★★★
Quote:
Being a DSM2/DSMX radio, is it licensed by Spektrum? Will it work with Spektrum products?
HH usually sell more radios and BNF foamies for 2 reasons.
cheap compatible receivers/radios and better profit for dealers as opposed to Hobbico.
that's why Futaba launched the FHSS protocol in order to compete with the chinese.
Jan 18, 2018, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
cheap compatible receivers/radios and better profit for dealers as opposed to Hobbico.
that's why Futaba launched the FHSS protocol in order to compete with the chinese.
I did not ask that but thank you for your answer attempt.
Last edited by Falcon_56; Jan 18, 2018 at 05:49 PM.
Jan 19, 2018, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
I love the " If we really wanted to be number one we could"
"All I would take is for the public to realize we are better"
If this is true , what happened?.
Jan 19, 2018, 07:38 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson
I love the " If we really wanted to be number one we could"
"All I would take is for the public to realize we are better"
If this is true , what happened?.
Futaba, like Hobbico, was a day late and a dollar short to the Transmitter-ready market. And at release, there was no compatibility with their FASST systems. They still haven't sorted out their protocol soup (how many FASST variations are there, and remember you need to pick the right one to link that specific receiver, effectively making each FASST variation a separate protocol). Even JR has shipped less protocols.

It's telling that both XK and Align have had more success selling S-FHSS TX-Ready and RTF stuff than Futaba and its distributors have (and of course, of the two, only Align is actually selling Futaba radios).

There's good reason that all but one of the local hobby shops around here that were carrying Futaba 2 years ago when I got back into the hobby have either dropped them completely, or just moved to an order-only basis (the exception is also a major mail-order house, but they primarily carry Spektrum & FrSky in their stores, but keep a small stock of other brands including Futaba and FlySky in the store)

Good radios, but over-priced at the low end. It's telling that nearly every user of another system I see keeps a Spektrum radio around for foamies and micro's (the only exceptions seem to be FrSky guys with modules, and guys still running JR DSM2/X hardware). you don't see that with Futaba (nor does Futaba make their system easy to enter).
Jan 21, 2018, 10:17 AM

No Wireless Trainer Link

Looks like a great TX EXCEPT it is missing one important feature i.e. the 'WIRELESS TRAINER LINK' incorporated in newer Spektrum TXs - much more convenient than a cable connection.

Quick Reply