New project - RC Groups
Oct 18, 2017, 08:08 PM
Help!

New project

I ask for advice. For an observing project in the sea, near the coast, I wish to be able to put an underwater HD camera with transmission via microwave or wifi in a catamaran-style boat that supports waves and wind, which can be operated with a good range radio of up to 1000 mts, and that supports a weight of 5 kgrs of instruments and batteries. There is something suitable DYS for this project. I think must to be a boat of 150 cm large aproximatelly.
Thanks for any suggestions.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2017, 08:21 PM
Sounds like your project is stationary under water HD Camera ?? ... with real-time or stored media ?? Would be challenged to transmit with commercial equipment - due to water limiting RF transmission

Your transmission method using microwave ?? ... and transmission distance 1000 meters ... sounds like ... you would need FCC /Ham radio license ... even if using a water surface level transmitting bouy ... which likely would require license from Coast Guard for fixed bouy / anchor boat.
Oct 19, 2017, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo.ca6
Sounds like your project is stationary under water HD Camera ?? ... with real-time or stored media ?? Would be challenged to transmit with commercial equipment - due to water limiting RF transmission

Your transmission method using microwave ?? ... and transmission distance 1000 meters ... sounds like ... you would need FCC /Ham radio license ... even if using a water surface level transmitting bouy ... which likely would require license from Coast Guard for fixed bouy / anchor boat.
True about using gear that is easily available, but license rule might be different in Argentina.
Some of the techniques used on the Seacharger project might be applicable. That was the solar powered long range trans-Pacific attempt, where satellite communication and GPS were involved. Programming a long voyage and holding station are two facets of the same problem.