Mar 03, 2019, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo
Cool... after more than 40 years all can one says is ....¡¡ Wow.. love her more than first day ¡¡, sometimes a angel sometimes a evil...and for sure that she thinks exactly the same of me.... and hope she didn´t read this..
Manolo.
Well, as a man from northern climes I am allowed to say that we northeners think most people from southern Europe , whether Spanish, Italian or Greek all have what we would call the 'Latin temperament'. I.E. both male and female are prone to outbursts of feeling both angelic and devilish. That being the case, your marriage (after 40 years) is clearly, as we would say, a union 'made in heaven'.

As you admit, I'm quite sure Ani has at least as many reasons to complain about you as you might have to complain about her.

Be well, both of you
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2019, 06:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
My wife and I only knew each other three months before we got married, and Nov. 11 of this year, we will have been married 48 years. Recipe for a long marriage= no guns in the house!!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Mar 04, 2019, 09:46 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP

No doubt about buddies these things goes normally fithty - fifthy ...
Manolo.
Jul 19, 2019, 08:01 PM
AMA: L68621, FCC: WA2LLX
I absolutely LOVE the purple/white with gold shapes on the LE color scheme. I'm going to have to steal it for one of my builds!

John
Jul 22, 2019, 03:33 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Tx John... no doubt to use any idea exposed here.. that´s the main reason of these build-threads.. shime tips and ideas collected with passing of time from others modellers and some of my own... if just any of them help someone time spend on the blog will be paid off...
Best regards.
Manolo.
Jul 22, 2019, 12:31 PM
That is my opinion also Manolo.

SteveT.
Jul 22, 2019, 03:11 PM
Pendiente - Madrid - España
Excellent with a little more Work, ... I love your patience with the Work Hobby Manolo.
I want to thank you with one of your Videos in the Memory, I always liked this Video.
...We continue flying.

(6 min 36 sec)
Jul 26, 2019, 08:47 PM
Hey Manolo...

I have been messing around with the CAD plans I have for the Grand Esprit, and got everything arranged for cuttings, so, I tried a couple of rib sheets. Not too bad I think..

SteveT.
Jul 27, 2019, 06:28 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Tx so much Cirrus Tio Juan... like very much your support, greetings from the South buddy...
Hi Steve those ribs looks amazing...good job... go ahead and got all wood pieces for your GES, is a awesome beautiful sailplane.. you cant dissapointed..
All my best.
Manolo.
Jul 28, 2019, 01:12 AM
I got the rest of the balsa ribs cut, but I have no 1/8" ply for the root ribs and the first three ribs and the only dealer around here that carries it had only one very warped sheet, so will have to order some

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Jul 28, 2019 at 01:49 AM.
Jul 28, 2019, 08:34 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Very well done Steve...for what I remember I used 1/8 light ply on mine.. for the center ribs..
Jul 28, 2019, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I thinking of using this plywood which I can get from 'AircraftPlywood.com' that is Birch on the outside with a basswood inner core. It is designed to be cut with a laser as it uses a melamine adhesive instead of a phenolic based adhesive. This is the problem with 'normal' aircraft grade plywood, in that it is designed to be fire resistant byt using the phenolic based adhesive with is resistant to burning, which in turn makes it difficult to cut with a laser. I actually have some aircraft grade plywood, but my 50 watt laser will barely cut it and the sheets that I have are not big enough.

SteveT.
Aug 31, 2019, 02:50 AM
Hi Manolo..

I hope you don't mind if I post a couple more pics of a little more progress on my Grand Esprit. It's slow going as my 'play money' has been at an all time low lately. That said, I was able to get some 3 ply birch plywood, and found that it cuts great in my laser. Unfortunately, my laser will not cut the full length sides, so I put some 'finger' joints in them and they worked out fine. Kind of a funny thing, I forgot to set some of the text to blue (which designates engrave instead of cut), so the ribs got the W-1s, W-2s and W-3s cut out instead of engraved. I will probably fill them with balsa dust and hit them with CA, but I don't feel that it will weaken the ribs if I don't. If you look close in the first pic you can see two of the 'Ws' that fell out after being laser cut..

Anyway.. here are the pics..
Last edited by SteveT.; Aug 31, 2019 at 03:08 AM.
Sep 03, 2019, 04:37 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Oh Steve... you´re doing a awesome job with your laser printer.. parts looks amazing... would sugest only some cut out into the canopy floor for a little more lighness... if you want more later do a interior canopy just cover it with colored carboard or adhesive vinyl, but that´s a minor touch... very, very, well done... please keep us showing your handiwork mate.. got vacations and want to maiden the little Esprit but still doesn´t have time for that, want to do this weekend but forecast for high winds... better go to slope...
All my best.
Manolo.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:14 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Some time without posting on the build thread...so let me share with you all that yesterday Sunday friend Agustin and me went to the local flying club runway and maiden our Esprits...meteo was really good... a very light west breeze, some friends waiting there , meet with Mika, a Findland sailplaner that lives in Spain, take some coffe on a road shack and went flying... first as always is the pics session cause never, never your sailplane will be as pretty than now...

Quick Reply