It could be real...1/6 scale MiG-15 - RC Groups
Oct 18, 2017, 07:06 AM
DominicM
Video

It could be real...1/6 scale MiG-15

1/6 scale MiG-15 flown at BMFA Buckminster. Powered by a JetCat P-100. So realistic.

SCALE RC Mikoyan-Gurevich MIG-15 TRANSONIC FIGHTER JET (Global Jet Club) [*UltraHD / 4K*] (7 min 9 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2017, 11:22 PM
Dom,

how do you like your ux180? I have a dvx200, its nice but the issues with focus have turned me off. I'm going to be trying a GH5 with a ENG b4 lens next week, have you tried this setup? The b4 lenses appear to be nativly parfocal so they should hold focus when zooming in/out on these jets.

As always great videos.
Oct 25, 2017, 03:01 AM
DominicM
I like the UX180 a lot. I did drool over the DVX200 for quite a long time. It's looks alone make it a compelling purchase. The UX180 fails a bit in aesthetics with it being all black. I would have gone for the DVX200 eventually but was taking me a while to save up the cash for it....then the UX180 came along and met my budget. DVX200 looks to be fantastic for cinematic work with it capturing Vlog for complex post-workflow but I needed something more run'n'gun where you can just rip off the vid, tweak brightness/contrast, chop up segments and merge, add branding and then publish. Meets my needs all at 4K60fps.

Regarding focus. I rarely use auto. I only use auto when doing the close up shots of static models on the ground and especially when I'm using Macro mode for those close up cockpit shots. Otherwise I use manual focus and the fantastic focus-assist mode that highlights the in-focus part of the picture. Then I just have shutter on manual at 1/2000 to reduce motion blur and keep Iris on auto since I'm moving around between the ground and the sky.

It's a relatively heavy cam to use for 5 hours of filming at a show. I don't use a tripod as its too limiting on movement with a model being on the ground one moment and doing 200mph from one side to the other the next. I've tried dancing around a tri or mono-pod to capture the action but it doesn't work. I'm developing big muscles in my right arm for this reason.

Never tried the GH5. Heard a lot of great stuff about it and I'm a fan of all things Panasonic. I figure the UX180 will see me through the next 2-3 years before the next iteration of run'n'gun cam arrives. 6K120fps maybe. Can only hope!

Good luck with your DVX200. Point me at your vids. Would be interested to see how it works for you.