Aerotow Sat 1:00 PM - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 17, 2017, 10:48 PM
Alert

Aerotow Sat 1:00 PM

All, this Saturday we will have an aero tow at Grantsville. We will be starting at 1:00 PM, which will give it a chance to warm up. As well as be more likely to have good air / thermals. We typically are packing up about the time the thermals are just starting.

Mike is towing, believe Ron is bringing out is Storch as well.

Lee
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2017, 03:31 PM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE CHAPLIN
All, this Saturday we will have an aero tow at Grantsville. We will be starting at 1:00 PM, which will give it a chance to warm up. As well as be more likely to have good air / thermals. We typically are packing up about the time the thermals are just starting.

Mike is towing, believe Ron is bringing out is Storch as well.

Lee
I plan on being there. Bringing "Kate"

Archie.
Oct 20, 2017, 04:51 PM
Sorry guys I cant make this one, the "Honey Do" list is too long.

MattE
Oct 21, 2017, 10:20 PM

Aerotow

Our
Afternoon aerotow was a success, around 3: lift was fantastic, had a 35 min flight with the Cherokee.
Everyone had a great time, Erik Vogel maiden his 1/4 scale Decathelon, flew Excellent. Wid Maiden a new super floater that flew great as well.

Mike towed, thanks. Ed towed with a 40 Gas size pattern ship and it towed quite well.

Hopefully the weather will hold and we will be able to get that last aerotow in this November.
Oct 28, 2017, 01:40 PM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE CHAPLIN
Our
Afternoon aerotow was a success, around 3: lift was fantastic, had a 35 min flight with the Cherokee.
Everyone had a great time, Erik Vogel maiden his 1/4 scale Decathelon, flew Excellent. Wid Maiden a new super floater that flew great as well.

Mike towed, thanks. Ed towed with a 40 Gas size pattern ship and it towed quite well.

Hopefully the weather will hold and we will be able to get that last aerotow in this November.
That was a fun afternoon guys. Great field and great company. This was my first adventure in aero towing thermal soaring. Bummer I was having issues with my Ka-8. I have another newer one I will bring out next time. Thank you all for the all help and advise and thank you for towing Ed and Mike.

See ya there next month.

Archie

Quick Reply