Oct 17, 2017, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Frsky Horus X12S module issue

Hi guys.
Thought I would start a new thread for this.

Having unbricked my Horus, was setting up a new model which was to use a Frsky DJT module, however the module is not starting up when selected as external rf, nothing does not light up.

Have also noticed two other things when the module is plugged in and not even selected as the rf source, the TX loses telemetry and the bottom right scrolling wheel becomes very erratic when scrolling through the menus, very difficult to select anything the highlighted selection just keeps jumping to the next one when you press enter.

When the module is removed everything goes back to normal, tx is perfect telemetry returns and the scroll wheel is fine, the module works perfectly in my Taranis QX7, so it is ok, running OTX 2.2.

Any ideas ?

Cheers.
Last edited by futaba1024; Oct 19, 2017 at 07:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2017, 04:26 PM
Thread OP
This is getting really strange, Have just tried a Spekrum DSM 2 module in my X12S......... It works perfectly !!

So why won't Frsky's own DJT module function ?? Is not compatible with the TX or OpenTX ?

Would love some ideas.
Last edited by futaba1024; Oct 20, 2017 at 02:22 AM.
Oct 20, 2017, 04:17 AM
Thread OP
Fixed it !!!!!

When I tried to fit the Spektrum module, it took an awful lot of fiddling to seat it in the bay (DJT the same), eventually it went in and as I said was fine.

This got me thinking , the Spektrum module has very small holes for the pins to enter, the Frsky far wider to guide the pins in, I removed the case from the Frsky module and tried to fit just the case (which has the guides) in the module bay. What was happening was, the pins on the TX were ever so slightly out of alignment and when testing with empty case the two bottom pins were entering the same hole !!!

Just a bit of tweaking of the pins on the TX so they line up perfectly with the holes in the case then reassembled the Frsky module and it is working perfectly, so the problem was a simple mechanical issue, after all that !!!
Last edited by futaba1024; Oct 20, 2017 at 04:40 AM.
Oct 20, 2017, 11:43 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
You are so darn lucky that it only shorted those pins.

Mike
Oct 20, 2017, 11:59 AM
Thread OP
Was wondering what the pin out is, if it was the others, presumably a dead short !!!
Oct 20, 2017, 02:16 PM
S.A.D. member
3 and 4 are power and ground respectively, 5 is telemetry in. Shorting 3 and 4 would have likely caused the power switching circuit to release the magic smoke it works on.

Ivan

Quick Reply