Oct 17, 2017, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Ugly Stick Kit?

I think this section is mostly scratch built, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I'm curious if anyone sells a complete (not short) Ugly Stick laser cut kit? Something in the low 50s wingspan that can be electrified.

Great Planes has the well reviewed Electrostik ARF for about $140, but the Richthofen DR1 color scheme is too overused and I want to do my own color and graphics scheme for better orientation. I know I could always buy the ARF kit and strip everything off and recover it, but that seems like a waste of money when a Stick kit would probably be a fairly straight forward build. I'm too green to attempt a scratch build from plans.

Manzano Laser doesn't have it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2017, 06:47 PM
I think Balsaworkbench makes a kit of it, PM him and see what he says.

Mark
Oct 18, 2017, 03:11 PM
Funny that you were asking about a kit a friend gave me and ARF motor included and a spectrum radio so I thought I'd put flapperon's, one of the mixes, so I put her up three mistakes high and through the switch the plane. When inverted right into a tree.So I'm rebuilding my gift plane
Oct 19, 2017, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Denest
I built one from this, but... it is a short kit.
Oct 19, 2017, 10:32 PM
I built this from a 44" Midwest Das Little Stick kit and powered it with an eFlite 15. Lazer-works has a kit. Plans can be found at Outerzone for free.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5860

Scott
Oct 20, 2017, 07:18 AM
Laserworks short kit. What you next in straight stock is easy to get.

L.
Oct 20, 2017, 10:48 AM
Don't forget the SPADstick, or the Dasplastick. http://www.spadtothebone.org/PDF/DasPlaStick.pdf Great if you are in a hurry and run out of money. The original was meant for a test bed for engine development, and the plane was an afterthought. Kind of like a SPAD. Ya, I know this is a balsa thread. Smack me with some balsa sticks.
Oct 20, 2017, 11:07 AM
Actually Phil Kraft used it as a test bed for customers radios. Phil Kraft being the original designer.

L.
Oct 20, 2017, 08:12 PM
SpadStiks fly great and are super east to build.
Oct 20, 2017, 08:14 PM
Little Stiks come up on Ebay ever so often. There was one for sale a couple of weeks ago. I bought on myself a couple of years ago that is still unbuilt.

Quick Reply