This thread is privately moderated by fastmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 17, 2017, 03:09 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

FuriBee DarkMax 220 Join The Dark Side!

All BNF versions are currently on sale for only $169.99 Click me.

With the popularity of Drone Racing growing more and more by the day, manufacturers are hard at work to bring us the latest, and greatest features. FuriBee is no exception to this, and they have been steady releasing some awesome new products, including some very nice FPV quadcopters. One of their latest releases, the DarkMax 220 is turning the BNF quad world upside down.

The FuriBee DarkMax 220 is absolutely loaded with features! It starts with the new ARTOWER F4 Plus flight controller with SD card slot, integrated OSD, VTX, and current and voltage sensor. Next is a 4 in 1 BLHeli-S 30A DShot ESC, capable of handling up to 6S power. They also teamed up with DYS to bring us some excellent new SR2205 2550kv Race Edition motors. To make things even better they used the popular 960H CCD FPV camera for some of the best FPV image quality currently available. As if all this wasn't enough, they also include 2 sets of Gemfan Flash 5152 tri blade props. The end result is one heck of a bind and fly package, and all for only $169

I managed to get my DarkMax set up in Betaflight this afternoon, and got it out for its first flight. I am very impressed with this quad! It is fast, smooth, and agile. It actually surprised me how much power it has even on 3s. I can't wait to get some 4s and 5s flights in with it. I can only imagine what the speed, and power will be like when I hit these motors with more voltage.

If you're in the market for a brushless quad that's not only very well equipped, but also looks absolutely amazing, then check out this DarkMax 220. It is an impressive quadcopter that will satisfy experienced pilots needs for speed, but can also grow with less experienced pilots as their skills improve thanks to its ability to be flown on 2-6s batteries.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, and stay tuned for flight video coming shortly.

Happy Flying!

First flight video. Completely stock with stock Gemfan Flash props. More video coming shortly with increased rates, and DAL Cyclone props.

FuriBee DarkMax 220 220mm FPV Racer First Flight LOVE IT! (4 min 38 sec)

Here's another quick video. This is with slightly increased rates, and DAL 5045 props. Really really liking this quad

FuriBee DarkMax 220 DAL Prop Test Flight (3 min 11 sec)

DAL 5045 props, and Tattu 4s 45c battery.

FuriBee DarkMax 220 Tattu 4s DAL 5045 Props (3 min 51 sec)

Tattu 4s Gemfan Whisky props

FuriBee DarkMax 220 Gemfan Whisky 5152 Props Tattu 4s (2 min 30 sec)
Last edited by fastmax; Oct 22, 2017 at 08:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2017, 05:14 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
First LOS flight video added above.
Oct 17, 2017, 07:34 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
All set for some more flying tomorrow.
Oct 18, 2017, 06:55 AM
'All Airy' theres nowt better
Nice flight fastmax, I currently fly the Fuuton 200 but I'm torn between getting one of these, the x215pro or upping the anti & going for a Kopis 1 or GT200S. What do you think?
Oct 18, 2017, 09:38 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Thanks! That's a tough decision. Based on what I've read, and seen of the X215, I think I'd go DarkMax over it. It seems that there are a few issues with some of the components in the X215. So far I am thoroughly impressed with the components in the DarkMax, and the ARTOWER F4 FC seems very nice. I really like what I see, and hear about the Kopis 1 though, and I've had good luck with HolyBro quads in the past.
Oct 18, 2017, 11:22 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Darkmax looks like a beautiful quad. I'm getting one soon. Thanks for the inside look.
Oct 18, 2017, 11:53 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I am sure you will love it. It flies as good as it looks.
Oct 19, 2017, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
I am sure you will love it. It flies as good as it looks.
Agreed. Ordered the x215 last month still in processing...

Undecided between the x215 and DarkMax - hmm, dark side of the force or...

Any good selling points or features of the DarkMax over the x215?
Oct 19, 2017, 05:31 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
The one that stands out the most to me is the ARTOWER F4 FC. It is really nice, and has an SD card slot. I also like that it accomodates an action cam without any mods or 3D printed parts. I have my SQ11 strapped to it.
Last edited by fastmax; Oct 19, 2017 at 05:55 AM.
Oct 20, 2017, 08:35 AM
Newbie || Furibee Darkmax
Hi! Do you guys have some suggestions for tuning betaflight on the darkmax? Any vibrations noticeable in standard tuning? Did anyone already flew with 4s or 5s, besides andyRC and UAVfutures? Thanks!
Oct 20, 2017, 08:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Welcome to RCG ChrizFPV! I've not noticed any oscillations with stock PIDs and slightly increased rates. My new Tattu 4s batteries are scheduled for delivery today. I will get more flight video as soon as they arrive.
Oct 20, 2017, 09:40 AM
'All Airy' theres nowt better
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Welcome to RCG ChrizFPV! I've not noticed any oscillations with stock PIDs and slightly increased rates. My new Tattu 4s batteries are scheduled for delivery today. I will get more flight video as soon as they arrive.
Look forward to your thoughts on the Tattu's - which ones have you bought & what do you use currently?
Oct 20, 2017, 11:14 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
I was using some Turnigy 4s, but retired them a couple weeks ago. They were a couple years old, and just weren't performing like they once did.

In the flight videos above I was using an Infinity 1300mah 35c 3s. The Tattu batteries I have coming today are 1050mah 45c 4s. I am very anxious to try them!
Oct 20, 2017, 03:38 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
4s flight video added above.
Oct 21, 2017, 10:46 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Thread OP
Batteries are charged up, and the whisky props are installed.

Quick Reply