Oct 17, 2017, 12:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bridi Kaos versions

How many versions of the Kaos and WS are there ?

The ones I know for 60 engine are Kaos, Super Kaos and Killer Kaos any other ones..
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2017, 03:39 PM
Kaos, Super Kaos, Super Kaos 40, Killer Chaos, Utter Chaos, Utter Chaos 40, and Total Kaos.
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Oct 17, 2017, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
Kaos, Super Kaos, Super Kaos 40, Killer Chaos, Utter Chaos, Utter Chaos 40, and Total Kaos.
wich one have 70" WS ?
Oct 17, 2017, 04:21 PM
DavidsPlanes
Direct Connection Ultimate Kaos.

Super Kaos Jr. which is however identical to the RCM SK40.
Oct 17, 2017, 07:12 PM
The DC was not a Joe Bridi design though.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxilia
Direct Connection Ultimate Kaos.

Super Kaos Jr. which is however identical to the RCM SK40.
Latest blog entry: MAAC Wings
Oct 17, 2017, 07:20 PM
Also the Vagabond, though it doesnt use the Kaos designation, it is basically an utter kaos 40 with a turtle deck and different shaped stab & fin.
Oct 17, 2017, 08:34 PM
DavidsPlanes
Which of course could lead us to talk about the Ultra Sports - also Kaos' with decks.

The Ultra Sport 1000 by GP had a 72" (6') span if memory serves.
Oct 17, 2017, 09:10 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
The DC was not a Joe Bridi design though.

Jim
However that was one of the prettiest Kaos in my opinion. So pretty that I had to build one. Flew very well also.
Oct 18, 2017, 12:21 AM
The Ultimate Kaos ' Title block Clearly gives Mr Bridi design credit.

The reason is clear when you super impose the Killer Chaos plan over the top of the Utimate Chaos plan. They're almost identical.

The UC has slightly less wide strip ailerons that run the lenght of the wing and the vert fin and rudder are slightly smaller and shaped more like ta Dirty Birdi's.

The fuse is the same.

The title block gives credit to Dennis Dean for styling and updating but its essentially a Killer Chaos with a different Canopy Even though it has the Direct Connection name on it..
Oct 18, 2017, 01:56 AM
AMA 46133
>>The fuse is the same. <<

I thought the fuselage was a bit narrower. Then of course the nose tapered down to conform with the spinner where the other Kaos' were slab sides.
Oct 18, 2017, 02:53 AM
So I overlayed the Killer Chaos( in Red) over the Ultimate Chaos and the designs are almost exactly the same. You can clearly see that the Utimate is a take off of the Killer Chaos which of cousre is a Bridi design.

Did n't realized that the Killer Chaos horizontal stab was mounted 2 inches further back on the fuse than the Utimate Chaos until I overlayed the top view of the KS on top of th UC.

Here's the comparison. see pic.
Last edited by Roguedog; Oct 18, 2017 at 03:37 AM.
Oct 18, 2017, 11:13 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguedog
So I overlayed the Killer Chaos( in Red) over the Ultimate Chaos and the designs are almost exactly the same. You can clearly see that the Utimate is a take off of the Killer Chaos which of cousre is a Bridi design.

Did n't realized that the Killer Chaos horizontal stab was mounted 2 inches further back on the fuse than the Utimate Chaos until I overlayed the top view of the KS on top of th UC.

Very interesting. I never built the Killer Chaos. I only played with the original Kaos and the Ultimate Kaos.
Oct 18, 2017, 11:35 AM
KC4JAJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguedog

Didn't realized that the Killer Chaos horizontal stab was mounted 2 inches further back on the fuse than the Utimate Chaos until I overlayed the top view of the KC on top of the UK.

Roguedog,

The horizontal stab location and to a lesser extent the canopy shape and location on the Ultimate Kaos are the features that really differentiate them from each other. It's exactly like the first difference I notice between the Kaos and Super Kaos - the forward horizontal stab location on the Super Kaos.

Perhaps the reasons I notice these things are
  1. I'm a full scale pilot and self-proclaimed airplane nut and
  2. I worked for Boeing for 26 years.
Jim
Oct 18, 2017, 11:46 AM
DavidsPlanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcarafa
wich one have 70" WS ?
Rafa,

if you look up the plan sharing sites with key words like "Kaos" and "Chaos", you'll land lots of hits on several variations.

It sounds like you might be looking for a larger model since you mention a 70" span. Perhaps you are looking for the Kaos 90 which hasn't been mentioned yet? This model has a 73.5" span and IMO is rather overbuilt which is easy to fix. The plans are attached below.

The largest production Kaos I'm aware of is the "Big Chaos" sold by Bridi Airplanes but currently out of stock:

http://bridiairplanes.com/hangar/bigchaos.html

This is a 13.5 lb model with an 80" span. At $120 for the kit, that's a pretty good price for a forest of balsa... Regardless of what model is cut into it!

Neither of these Kaos' have been mentioned yet.

David
Oct 18, 2017, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Thanks David just wanted to know about the versions of Joe's kaos.

Quick Reply