Hobbyking SU-35 MkII - PnP - RC Groups

Hobbyking SU-35 MkII - PnP

This affordable full-fuselage pusher jet from Hobbyking comes in kit or PnP versions.

The Hobbyking SU-35 MkII - PnP

An Agile Pusher Jet

The SU-35 MkII Fighter Jet from Hobbyking comes available in kit form that requires all electronics, or PnP configuration that includes a 2212-2450KV motor, 6x4e prop, 40a esc, and a pair of 9g servos. Made of EPO, this propeller-powered pusher is fully built in PnP form, and requires a suitable transmitter and a 3s 1300 - 2200mAh LiPo for power. The Hobbyking SU-35 MkII - PnP sells for $91.08 and is currently shipping from the US and international warehouses.

Here's what Hobbyking has to say about it: This plane requires assembly and is made of durable EPO foam. Carbon fiber spars are supplied and provide exceptional strength in those high G maneuvers. There is also a decal sheet to give that authentic look along with an instrument display panel. The PnP MkII version comes with an upgraded set of electronics. From a new 2212-2450KV brushless motor and new 40A ESC to upgraded 9g servos and 6x4 propeller plus all assembly parts. All you require is a radio / receiver system and Lipo battery. You’ll be flying in no time.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Hobbyking SU-35 MkII - PnP

Specifications:

• Length: 1050mm
  • Wingspan: 735mm
  • Motor: 2212-2450KV
  • ESC: 40A
  • Propeller: 6x4E
  • Servo: 9g (x2)
  • Requires: 4~6 Channel Radio TX / RX, 1300~2200 3S LiPo battery

Oct 16, 2017, 04:58 PM
FPV EVERYTHING!
When you take off that cockpit section it looks like the front half of that plane is very weak and would need the underside taped or laminated to prevent the whole thing ripping off if you have an accident.
Oct 16, 2017, 06:35 PM
Pile-it
I know its marketing guys that do this, but could't someone tell them the prop is on backwards?
Oct 16, 2017, 06:50 PM
Haha yeah just noticed that, pretty hilarious!
Oct 16, 2017, 07:00 PM
Closed Account
Looks OK to me? Which image?
Oct 16, 2017, 07:06 PM
Pile-it
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLander
Looks OK to me? Which image?
The one with the close up on the prop.
Oct 16, 2017, 07:07 PM
Closed Account
actually looking at it now on my PC it seems you are right, it looks like it is on backward.
Part 2 SU-35 Fighter Jet 735mm EPO - HobbyKing Product (1 min 53 sec)
Last edited by LuckyLander; Oct 16, 2017 at 08:49 PM.
Oct 16, 2017, 09:21 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
I know its marketing guys that do this, but could't someone tell them the prop is on backwards?
Dang, nice find. I looked at that image a few times when making this news piece and didn't think twice.
Oct 17, 2017, 08:28 AM
Running jokes into the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Look closely, prop doesn't fit on the right way.
Oct 17, 2017, 08:43 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er
Look closely, prop doesn't fit on the right way.
In the video it fits.
Oct 17, 2017, 09:10 AM
Running jokes into the ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
In the video it fits.
Video has a collet adapter, marketing shots have threaded shaft. Looks like the foam has a molded cavity for the spinner nose, but the marketing guys lost the memo.
Oct 17, 2017, 09:47 AM
Pile-it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Dang, nice find. I looked at that image a few times when making this news piece and didn't think twice.
I always notice stupid stuff like that. Pet peeve of mine.
Oct 17, 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er
Video has a collet adapter, marketing shots have threaded shaft. Looks like the foam has a molded cavity for the spinner nose, but the marketing guys lost the memo.
Or you missed that the Mark 1 of this model had a different motor and a collet adapter....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghter-Prop-Jet

Its also a kit, so people are free to use whatever they want.
Oct 17, 2017, 02:14 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGSR
Or you missed that the Mark 1 of this model had a different motor and a collet adapter....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghter-Prop-Jet

Its also a kit, so people are free to use whatever they want.
I didn't know that, I just thought this was a re-bump of the same. when I searched for the video I posted, I noticed they were all six months old.

From the image in this thread. the close-up image. the image is too pixelated to see if there are numbers on the prop (we should see numbers in that image if the prop is on backward) the image also lacks enough detail to tell if the spoon shape is the right way. The only other details left are general shape, and I didn't know this until I searched, but lots of different props would account for how the inner chord is ahead of main leading edge or straight with. The image does have enough detail to show leading edge thickness and trailing edge thickness, and from that it appears to be on backward, but that may be lighting effects, so it came down to one feature, which I am not totally sure of, but enough with other details to go for a call of "Its on backwards" and that is the Prop tip, how it is heavily tapered with just as much sweep back.
Oct 18, 2017, 06:16 PM
is there any difference in the foam parts between MkI and MkII?

Or is just because the electronics supplied with the MKII PNP are different?