This thread is privately moderated by A Useless Geek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 16, 2017, 02:08 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
Build Log

The Parkstar Advances

Okay, I know I've fallen down on the job of keeping up this blog. I got a "life" (such as it is) to deal with, you know. Anyway, the next evolution of the Parkstar looks like this: welcome to the Parkstar Advanced.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2018, 11:19 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
As it turns out, few people in my club are interested in the Parkstar Advanced. Oh, well. I have started buying squares for it me own bad sef because I want the plane out of there so we can get a different rollover prize. Also, I have so many hours wrapped up in that plane I'm the only one who'd really appreciate it. Heh.

Later:

Okay, I won the rollover. The Parkstar Advanced is back in my hands (actually, up on the living room wall). It flies great except for needing heftier control horns on the elevons. Those big flappers can't be controlled by tiny horns, so I'll be adding bigger hooks. Other than that, though, it looks like I have a winner in the Advanced.
Last edited by A Useless Geek; May 05, 2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Later...
Jul 28, 2019, 08:42 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP

Nose Job

Later:

Couldn't help but to over-work the Advanced, and, by doing so, auger it. Had to rebuild the front end, so I went to EPP/EPE and built up a nose job that should allow me some more silliness before I have to fix the plane again.

By the way, it only cost me another 5g to build it up like this.
Last edited by A Useless Geek; Aug 23, 2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply