Oct 16, 2017, 11:03 AM
Discussion

Can Spektrum DXe Work With V Tails At All?

Can the Spektrum DXe work with V Tail planes at all???

The Spektrum radio guide says no, but what if it is a 3 Channel V Tail and the V Tail acts like Elevators?

Then wouldn't you just set the wing type as a normal airplane and use right stick for roll and pitch and use left stick for throttle?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2017, 11:22 AM
V-Tail means "Rudder and Elevator combined together." You're not talking about a V-tail if it's only 1 elevator servo driving them.

So yes, it will work for that.

Andy
Oct 16, 2017, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
V-Tail means "Rudder and Elevator combined together." You're not talking about a V-tail if it's only 1 elevator servo driving them.

So yes, it will work for that.

Andy
Thanks so much for the response.

Ok, so if it is a plane like the Excalibur where the V Tail can work BOTH as an elevator and as a rudder, then the DXe won't work, correct?

Thanks again.
Oct 16, 2017, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure what an Excalibur is, but if it is a V-tail that has both rudder and elevator functions, then the DXe is not the radio for you. You want at least a DX6e.

Andy
Oct 16, 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I'm not sure what an Excalibur is, but if it is a V-tail that has both rudder and elevator functions, then the DXe is not the radio for you. You want at least a DX6e.

Andy
Thank you.
Jun 21, 2018, 08:27 AM

DX6e Export to DXE

Hi, I have a DX6e and a friend has a DXe radio, I can configure and bind my 6e to his V-Tail and it functions fine. Is there anyway to export my SPM file to his DXE that uses SPR files? So far I can't get it to work in the Programming interface we downloaded.

I've opened the files in Notepad in an attempt to find the differences and create a file for his DXe, but it's a big confusing file and I'm still combing through them both to find a way.
Jun 21, 2018, 08:38 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSchenk952
Hi, I have a DX6e and a friend has a DXe radio, I can configure and bind my 6e to his V-Tail and it functions fine. Is there anyway to export my SPM file to his DXE that uses SPR files? So far I can't get it to work in the Programming interface we downloaded.

I've opened the files in Notepad in an attempt to find the differences and create a file for his DXe, but it's a big confusing file and I'm still combing through them both to find a way.
No, the two files are not compatible.

The DX6e file exports work on the DX6e and up to the DX20. The DXe only supports its own files.
Jun 21, 2018, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMark
Thanks so much for the response.

Ok, so if it is a plane like the Excalibur where the V Tail can work BOTH as an elevator and as a rudder, then the DXe won't work, correct?

Thanks again.
You could put in an AR636 receiver in the Excalibur, it can be set for Vtail with the computer program (you will need the programming cable) and then the DXe will work.

Then you can have stabilization and Safe Select if you spend some time learning about the AR636
I use an AR636 in my Roc V-tail, it works very well.

But it is probably better to upgrade your transmitter.
Last edited by GrayGhost4; Jun 21, 2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply