Can Spektrum DXe Work With V Tails At All? - RC Groups
Oct 16, 2017, 12:03 PM
Discussion

Can Spektrum DXe Work With V Tails At All?

Can the Spektrum DXe work with V Tail planes at all???

The Spektrum radio guide says no, but what if it is a 3 Channel V Tail and the V Tail acts like Elevators?

Then wouldn't you just set the wing type as a normal airplane and use right stick for roll and pitch and use left stick for throttle?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2017, 12:22 PM
V-Tail means "Rudder and Elevator combined together." You're not talking about a V-tail if it's only 1 elevator servo driving them.

So yes, it will work for that.

Andy
Oct 16, 2017, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
V-Tail means "Rudder and Elevator combined together." You're not talking about a V-tail if it's only 1 elevator servo driving them.

So yes, it will work for that.

Andy
Thanks so much for the response.

Ok, so if it is a plane like the Excalibur where the V Tail can work BOTH as an elevator and as a rudder, then the DXe won't work, correct?

Thanks again.
Oct 16, 2017, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure what an Excalibur is, but if it is a V-tail that has both rudder and elevator functions, then the DXe is not the radio for you. You want at least a DX6e.

Andy
Oct 16, 2017, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I'm not sure what an Excalibur is, but if it is a V-tail that has both rudder and elevator functions, then the DXe is not the radio for you. You want at least a DX6e.

Andy
Thank you.