Oct 16, 2017, 02:21 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Dynam Supermarine spitfire MK.VB 1200mm floatplane

Dynam Supermarine spitfire MK.VB 1200mm floatplane, as the first WWⅡ floatplane fighter in RC airplane market, has the great maneuverability and flexibility in flight than other general floatplanes. As the name implied, the prototype of this Dynam airplane is Spitfire MK.VB floatplane.

Historical Background

With the beginning of the war in the pacific against Japan, the concept that the floatplane with good performance would be an essential asset in the island campaigns was widespread, so a spitfire W3760 MK.VB fighter was refitted to floatplane and it got the huge success. The maximum speed for this MK.VB floatplane reached 324mp/h (521km/h).

Features

Dynam Supermarine spitfire MK.VB 1200mm seaplane brings the familiar scale outline of this special aircraft, which can fill the gaps about floatplane of WWⅡ fighter in the RC airplane market. Users can acquire the amazing experience whether they interest the warbird or floatplane.

For use on water, Dynam Supermarine spitfire MK.VB 1200mm seaplane replaces the retractable landing gear of Dynam Spitfire 1.2m warbird with double water rudders, which can steer the seaplane on the water accurately.

In the meantime, the airplane, which designed for fighter, has the great flexibility and maneuverability than other civil floatplane.

Dynam Supermarine spitfire MK.VB 1200mm seaplane adopts BM3720A-KV650 outer-rotor motor, 50A ESC and 14.8V 2200mAh 25C battery.

Working with the four-blade propellers, this airplane has the sufficient power to fly for 10 minutes in average.

And at last, this aircraft comes with the extra servos for the flaps and rudders, which brings more fun for pilots.

Specification

Wingspan: 1200mm (47in)
Overall Length: 1110mm (43.7in)
Wing loading: 40.5g/dm2
Flying weight: 1590g (w/Battery)
Servo: 9gX7 (with flaps and rudders)
Flap Type: plain flap
Battery: 14.8v 2200mAh 25C Li-Po
ESC: 50A
Motor: BM3720A-KV650 Brushless Out-runner

For more about this airplane, please click this website below:
http://www.dynam-rc.cn/Product/view/id/749.html
Welcome to our homepage on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/dynamhobby
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2017, 06:22 PM
Suspended Account
You should send me one to review, I have friends that go to the float fly , I would go but dont own a seaplane
Oct 17, 2017, 06:24 PM
That looks great! good job Dynam but PLEASE do those panel lines lighter!
Oct 17, 2017, 08:00 PM
Wing Commander of 50+ Aircraft
I’m sold!
Oct 18, 2017, 01:09 PM
rob
worse looking spitfire ever.. the dynam spitfire alone is awfull in its shape let alone put floats on it..
Oct 19, 2017, 01:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob66
worse looking spitfire ever.. the dynam spitfire alone is awfull in its shape let alone put floats on it..
More scale then most I have seen on here and some of your models that you try to mod , Yikes
Oct 19, 2017, 02:30 PM
Sorry folks, totally agree with rob.
And the floats look poorly engineered with all those struts and stuff
Oct 20, 2017, 08:47 AM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
Still, pretty cool that a foamy manufacturer would do a WWII warbird on floats....
Oct 20, 2017, 09:28 AM
Nah, a Spitfire on floats just looks completely wrong.

In comparison, the A6M2-N RUFE was beautiful! so why hasn't anyone manufactured a conversion kit for all the foamy Zero's out there.

二式水戦 (7 min 35 sec)
Oct 20, 2017, 02:15 PM
It doesen't have to look that wrong, doesn't it?
(except for the not-so-scale paint scheme, I know...)

But yes, I love the Rufe too
Oct 20, 2017, 03:05 PM
And your Rufe conversion is amazing mate!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post38187984

Have you flown her yet?
Dec 06, 2017, 09:07 PM

Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb Float Plane

This is a rare bird and unusual subject to model. Kudos to Dynam for the offering! I love float flying and I'm anxious to get one of these. It appears Dynam has done a stellar job on this model's planform which is near identical to the real aircraft. Awesome job! A brief historical summary is found at http://www.tailsthroughtime.com/2011...-reginald.html

Only 5 Spitfires were converted to float planes (Mk I, Mk V (x3) and a Mk IX) in response to threats in WWII where airfields were unavailable. Due to the changing tides of war, these aircraft didn't see much action but remain a tribute to Britian's resourseful resolve to kick the enemy's axis.

Unless, someone hasn't an opportunity to float fly, it's surprising anyone would snub this unusual (beautiful) bird!
Dec 09, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esayeff
Unless, someone hasn't an opportunity to float fly, it's surprising anyone would snub this unusual (beautiful) bird!
Talking
Last edited by radfordc; Dec 09, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Dec 09, 2017, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esayeff
This is a rare bird and unusual subject to model. Kudos to Dynam for the offering! I love float flying and I'm anxious to get one of these. It appears Dynam has done a stellar job on this model's planform which is near identical to the real aircraft. Awesome job! A brief historical summary is found at http://www.tailsthroughtime.com/2011...-reginald.html

Only 5 Spitfires were converted to float planes (Mk I, Mk V (x3) and a Mk IX) in response to threats in WWII where airfields were unavailable. Due to the changing tides of war, these aircraft didn't see much action but remain a tribute to Britian's resourseful resolve to kick the enemy's axis.

I would buy one right away if it just wasn't made by Dynam. I have just had too much trouble with their planes.
Dec 23, 2017, 06:50 AM

Video?

how can you sell a model without a preview clip?, I have never had a Dynam model and never seen from real, it would be useful to have an idea of the flight characteristics.

Quick Reply