!Hitec X2 High Power
| spec2
|
|> Product: |< Hitec X2 High Power
|> Retail price: |< $144.99
|> AC Input: |< 100-240 Volts AC
|> DC Input: |< 11-18 Volts DC
|> DC Output: |< 10-150 Watts
|> Charge Current Power: |< 50-120 Watts AC Input per channel (2)
|> Discharge Current Power: |< 10 Watts x 2
|> Battery Compatability: |< LiPo/LiHV/LiFe/LiIon
|> Batteries Cell Count: |< 1-6s
|> Pb Voltage: |< 2-20 volts
|> Available from: |< Hitec RCD

The Hitec X2 High power is the latest addition to their innovative line of chargers. It offers expanded capacity and compatibility in an easy to transport size. The programming is easy to learn for even those new to the charging game. Anyone familiar with the Hitec brand of chargers will notice no learning curve at all and the set up to charge will be essentially the same as with the other chargers in the line.

Let's check out all the features offered by this dual port powerhouse.

@33.jpg

!Setup
Setup of the Hitec X2 High Power includes the choice of both AC and DC power input. This feature makes this version of the X2 charger much more versatile than the Gen 1 X2. Both are great chargers, but having the ability to charge from both AC and DC power sources makes the X2 High Power a definite step up!
@3.jpg
@5.jpg

As an extra added bonus, the X2 DC input also will function as a DC output! This "mooch plug" has the ability to function as an 11-18V input and a 13.8V output with output power level indicator. So to explain, if you say had the original X2 dual port charger as I do, you can use the X2-HP to power it through the DC output while connected to AC power. This is a very cool feature that will come in handy for choosing the number of packs you can charge at one time.

@4.jpg
!Features
The Hitec X2 High Power come packed with a ton of features. Here is a full list:
  • Dual Input and Power Distribution
  • Optimizing Operating Software
  • Battery Memory (Data Store/Load)
  • Terminal Voltage Control (TVL)
  • Internal Independent Lithium Battery Balancer
  • Re-Peak Mode of NiMH/NiCD Battery
  • Delta-Peak Sensitivity for NiMH/NiCD
  • Cyclic Charging/Discharging
  • Automatic Charging Current Limit
  • LiPo Battery Meter
  • Battery Internal Resistance Meter
  • Capacity Limit
  • Temperature Threshold
  • Proccessing Time Limit

Let's go into a little more detail on some of these features.

Dual Input and Power Distribution
The X2-HP has a dual AC/DC input that consists of 100-240V AC and an 11-18V DC. In DC mode each channel has 120W for a total of 240W of power. And in AC mode you can power other DC devices off of the "mooch Plug"

Optimized Operating Software
It features the latest microprocessor controlled charging software to help in charging batteries safely and effectively. It will also disconnect the circuit and sound an alarm if any out of standard condition is detected.

Battery Memory
The X2 can store and recall 10 unique charge/discharge profiles for each channel.

Terminal Voltage Control
If your an experienced user the chargers end voltage can be reset

Internal Independent Lithium Battery Balancer
This comes in handy for charging thru a switch on your airframe. There is no need to connect a balance board with this set up to get a balanced charge.

Re-Peak Mode of NiMH/NiCD Battery
In this mode, the X2-HP can peak charge the battery 1, 2, or 3 times in a row automatically to ensure a full charge.

Dealt-Peak Sensitivity for NiMH/NiCD
This automatic charge termination is based on the principle of the Delta-Peak voltage detection. When the battery voltage exceeds the threshold the process with terminate automatically.

Cyclic Charging/Discharging
1 to 5 cyclic and continuous charge>discharge or discharge>charge sessions are optimal for battery performance and balancing.

Automatic Charging Current Limit
You can set the limit of charging current when charging NiMH or NiCD batteries. Auto is recommended.

LiPo Battery Meter
You can check the packs total voltage, highest voltage, and lowest voltage of each cell.

Battery Internal REsistance Meter
You can check the packs total internal resistance and for each cell.

Capacity Limit
The charging capacity is always calculated as the charging current multiplied by time. If the charging capacity exceeds the limit, the process will automatically terminate according to the max value previously set.

Temperature Threshold*
With the optional temperature probe, the batteries temperature is monitored, and the charger will shut off if the temperature threshold is reached.

Processing Time Limit
You can protect your packs by setting a max time limit for charging and discharging.

!Programming
You will find that the Hitec X2-HP is super simple to program. The menus and options are very straightforward and easy to set. Just follow along with the on-screen and voice-guided prompts and you will have no issues at all. Here are examples of the screen you will encounter as you move through the menus.

@32.jpg
@31.jpg

@12.jpg
@13.jpg

@14.jpg
@15.jpg

@16.jpg
@17.jpg

@18.jpg
@19.jpg

@20.jpg
@21.jpg

@22.jpg
@23.jpg

@24.jpg
@25.jpg

@26.jpg
@27.jpg

@28.jpg
@29.jpg

@30.jpg

Simply select the option you want to go into and hit the plus and minus symbols to advance to the next option.
@2.jpg

!Review Video
Hitec X2 High Power - RCGroups Review (5 min 34 sec)

!In Closing
In closing, if you are in the market for a new dual port charger/discharger that's packed full of features and options, then look no further then the Hitec X2 High Power. ~Mean Joe

!!RCGroups.com Review Policies

Our intent is to provide fair and unbiased reviews so that consumers can make informed decisions regarding new products. Some things you should know about our review process:
  • RCGroups.com review items are provided by hobby manufacturers and suppliers, some of whom may be RCGroups advertisers.
  • Review products are sent directly to independent reviewers, chosen by RCGroups.com.
  • RCGroups.com reviewers are not compensated by either RCGroups.com or the reviewed item's supplier. However, they are allowed to keep the review items at no charge.
  • Published reviews reflect the opinion of the author.
  • When a conflict arises between a review sponsor and a reviewer (which is rare), RCGroups attempts to work out a satisfactory solution for all parties. In some cases, this may mean that a finished review will go unpublished, or be subjected to editing for technical accuracy. RCGroups reserves the final say as to whether an article is fit for publication.

It is always our intent to provide a place for honest and open commentary, and to put the needs of our visitors first. If you feel that something we've published is inaccurate, please let us know using the contact form.
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Oct 26, 2017 at 08:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2017, 11:04 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Surprised this doesnt have auto-cell # detect, but other than that looks like a nice setup!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Oct 28, 2017, 07:56 AM
Looks like a decent charger, but I'm not sure that 2 x 120w really qualifies as "High Power" nowadays?!

Made by SkyRC I assume, since the layout and spec. is identical to their D250:

http://www.skyrc.com/Charger/Multi-Channel/D250_Charger
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Oct 30, 2017, 10:54 AM
RC Guru
It's the high powered version of the original X2 AC Plus which only supports 100w of AC power, this is 250w of AC power.
Nov 19, 2017, 10:10 AM
Handicrashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
It's the high powered version of the original X2 AC Plus which only supports 100w of AC power, this is 250w of AC power.
Hey Xpress, I have a quick question if you don't mind. The charge leads that are provided with this charger (and other Hi-tech chargers) have a white plastic clip to keep the positive and negative leads separated from one another when they are not plugged into the charging port, do you know where I can find more of those?

I have a Hi-tech X4 Pro and all of the charge leads with separators have been used with the connectors that I need for my common batteries. Now I have to use charge leads from other manufacturers for my less common connector types and I would prefer to use the same type of leads and separators originally provided with my X4. I contacted Horizon Hobby and Hi-tech customer support and neither one could help find the clips. Thanks.
Nov 20, 2017, 01:05 PM
RC Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone 870
Hey Xpress, I have a quick question if you don't mind. The charge leads that are provided with this charger (and other Hi-tech chargers) have a white plastic clip to keep the positive and negative leads separated from one another when they are not plugged into the charging port, do you know where I can find more of those?

I have a Hi-tech X4 Pro and all of the charge leads with separators have been used with the connectors that I need for my common batteries. Now I have to use charge leads from other manufacturers for my less common connector types and I would prefer to use the same type of leads and separators originally provided with my X4. I contacted Horizon Hobby and Hi-tech customer support and neither one could help find the clips. Thanks.
Hi Boone,

Unfortunately these items only come with the chargers from the factory. They are unavailable as a separate item.

Quick Reply