Seagull P-26 Peashooter 30cc - RC Groups
Oct 15, 2017, 09:04 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Discussion

Seagull P-26 Peashooter 30cc

Has anyone built one of these yet?

http://seagullmodels.com/gas-power-s...ea305-357.html

I have one in my workshop and will power it with a FG-60 radial, just because.

I am nervous about the twitchy potential of a narrow gear and short fuse.
I didnít pay a lot of money for it, but it is an expensive engine to put in it if itís going to be a dog to fly.
Jperkins have one on their Facebook page but it doesnít appear they have flown it yet.
Looks like a fun plane and I like it because it is quite unique, not a lot of kits for these about.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2017, 03:32 PM
Hi,
mine is at home since 2 weeks....still in the package.
I will fit a 26cc engine on it !
It's a very nice ARF
Oct 15, 2017, 07:10 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga
Has anyone built one of these yet?

http://seagullmodels.com/gas-power-s...ea305-357.html

I have one in my workshop and will power it with a FG-60 radial, just because.

I am nervous about the twitchy potential of a narrow gear and short fuse.
I didn’t pay a lot of money for it, but it is an expensive engine to put in it if it’s going to be a dog to fly.
Jperkins have one on their Facebook page but it doesn’t appear they have flown it yet.
Looks like a fun plane and I like it because it is quite unique, not a lot of kits for these about.
If you are so worried about the expensive engine how about making provision on the plane to handle different engines. Use a less expensive 30cc gasoline engine to test fly the plane. Then put the FG-60 on it only after the airframe has been tested thoroughly. Save you a lot of grief if the plane does not fly well.

Make sure you have engine mounting locations mapped out on the firewall for both engines. Make provision to have the throttle control linkage holes on the firewall. Fuel line holes are generally not an issue. With a cowl that large you probably don't have to cut out anything for either engine. Make sure you have provision to access the needle valves for both engines.
Oct 15, 2017, 09:35 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Seis,

Thought of that before, and the only engine I have access to is a DLE30, and the mounting pattern, throttle linkages, needle locations and other considerations, are so far off it’s not worth it.
In fact, the radial was installed in a pilot rc yak 88” so that I had a stable platform to ‘run in’ the radial. It’s not got a lot of power so not fun in the 3D plane. Will be good in the peashooter though.
Anyway, looks like I will just have to go for it.
Oct 15, 2017, 11:18 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga
Seis,

Thought of that before, and the only engine I have access to is a DLE30, and the mounting pattern, throttle linkages, needle locations and other considerations, are so far off itís not worth it.
In fact, the radial was installed in a pilot rc yak 88Ē so that I had a stable platform to Ďrun iní the radial. Itís not got a lot of power so not fun in the 3D plane. Will be good in the peashooter though.
Anyway, looks like I will just have to go for it.
Well, not guts, no glory. When your hands are not shaking you are not having fun.
Nov 01, 2017, 05:33 PM

P-26

Have one on the way. Now..looking at Evolution 7-33 radial glow engine. Unsure of depth of cowl.....
Please post with any info.
Scott
Nov 02, 2017, 05:36 AM
I have peashooter - electric though
the actual cowl is 10 inch (254mm) in diameter and 4 inch (100mm) deep

firewall to prop hub is 160mm (6.3inch)

Hope this helps
Last edited by Terminater; Nov 02, 2017 at 05:44 AM.
Nov 02, 2017, 12:20 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Very nice! Have you flown it before? I’m dying to know how it flies and handles on the ground.
Nov 02, 2017, 12:40 PM
Arrowhead
Gorgeous plane. I want one! However I have way too many projects already...
Nov 02, 2017, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminater
I have peashooter - electric though
the actual cowl is 10 inch (254mm) in diameter and 4 inch (100mm) deep

firewall to prop hub is 160mm (6.3inch)

Hope this helps
What a stunning plane! I think I must start ordering planes on-line as my local shops seldom stock these larger unusual planes! Any suggestions on web sites to order from? I know shipping will be expensive but the local shops normally have a huge mark-up anyway.....

What size EFlight motor is that?

Thanks!
Rudi
Nov 02, 2017, 03:45 PM
E-flite power 160
Nov 03, 2017, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminater
E-flite power 160
Nice, thanks! I have one of those in a F3A plane and it has heaps of power!
Nov 04, 2017, 05:10 PM
Hi Terminater,

very nice !

Mine is still in his box...did you fly it yet ?

Just to confirm the CoG.....
Last edited by Pascal06; Nov 05, 2017 at 06:05 AM.
Nov 06, 2017, 06:11 AM
I haven't flown it yet , a elevator servo was playing up so just did taxi tests ..

The wheel fairing sure pickup dirt and grass .

The video maybe a bit jumpy but I was holding the phone while using throttle and rudder..

Video Here ( Yes I know it's Electric ) ...

Didn't need any added weight to get the CG of 120mm from LE..

the springs supplied for the flying wires are next to useless , lost a couple so have to find something else to use..

SeagullP-26 Peashooter Taxi (4 min 27 sec)
Nov 11, 2017, 12:05 AM
Well it flies recommended throws seem fine.
Just need down elevator and a bit of right.
CG at 120mm from LE is okay , but I'm going to move it to about 110-115.

Make sure u check the rear U/C mounting block , mine came lose - hardly any glue on it...
so I epoxied back and put some 4mm dowel straight though the block and the mounting plate.

the power 160 ( yes electric ) had plenty of power so 30cc would be fine.

now to get some new springs and do the flying wires.