Jul 03, 2019, 09:26 PM
Thread OP
Here's a screen shot of Mike flying his Opale Oxy along Dave's Beach.
I too got in some soaring over the slope. It was a quick visit but a lot of fun.

Anyone around going to be flying RC PPG this holiday weekend?
I've got a couple days off, not sure where I want to try to fly yet.

Jack Z.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2019, 10:47 AM
Looks good Jack,
My plate is full at the moment. I still need to program the radio for the HK paraplane . I’ve been to busy at work lately to finish it up.

Hopefully soon.

Don.
Jul 17, 2019, 06:35 PM
Thread OP
Well I forgot to post here before hand...
Yesterday evening Mike and I made it out to the SEFSD field near Seaworld. The breeze took some of the fun out of the early flight but in that last hour before sunset the wind did die down a little bit. Here's a couple snapshots of Mike flying his Oxy 1.0.
Jul 21, 2019, 09:59 PM
Thread OP

Monday July 22nd

Anyone?
Anyone have a chance to get out and fly tomorrow, Monday?

After working for weeks, I am planning on taking Monday (tomorrow) off. The weather looks favorable for flying all around.
The morning looks good for motoring, the afternoon looks good for soaring. The evening might even work out for motoring around too.

It is a week day, maybe it will not be too crowded late morning and could slope soar? Palisades, Torrey or Daves Beach.

Let me know if you want to get out and fly!

Jack Z.
Jul 21, 2019, 10:30 PM
Hello Jack,

Iím back at in town but completely swamped.

Don.
Jul 21, 2019, 10:56 PM
Thread OP
Don

I too know that swamped feeling. I'm glad to have tomorrow off to get out and breath.
Maybe next time! I might motor in the early morning and try to soar late morning or early afternoon.

I am hoping because it's Monday I might be able to get out and fly at the beach.

Jack Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 2416n
Hello Jack,

Iím back at in town but completely swamped.

Don.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Monday 22nd in review.

I try to meet up with friends to fly paramodels whenever I can. If you see this and are interested in RC paramodels feel free to ask questions or stop by. Lately I'm getting around a bit. SEFSD, Torrey Pines, Dave's Beach, Palisades Park, I've been up to Palomar Flyers RC field as well.

Monday I managed to get down to the beach and motored around over the surf in the morning.
In the early evening I headed up up to Torrey Pines and met up with Vahe a newer paramodel pilot.

Torrey Pines seemed to empty out about 415, I had the entire place to myself.
Vahe showed up and we talked for a while before I went back down to the edge to launch again.

I flew a couple flights, one with Max, Power 1.1RS the other with Ben and Camo H1.5.

Earlier I made a mistake when I removed Max from the S motor chassis. Instead of loosening and readjusting the arms for proper brake tension I used TX trim settings. Bad idea! I ended up with only about half pull and realized when I wanted to spiral dive, I only got gradual turns. Tonight I fixed that.

It was fun and great to meet up with Vahe, I hope we can get him down here sometime in the future to fly with the group.

Here's a snapshot of Max pilot motoring around over the edge of the surf.

Jack Z
Last edited by videokahuna; Jul 23, 2019 at 10:15 PM.
Jul 30, 2019, 12:28 AM
Thread OP
Mike and I got out early Friday morning and flew our Oxy's at the beach.
We started out with the 0.5 and finished with the 1.0.

Loads of fun! Here's a couple snapshots.
Jack Z.
Aug 10, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thread OP

Invite for Sunday Morning August 11th

You're Invited!

Mike and I are going to meet up tomorrow (Sunday) morning to fly RC PPG at the SEFSD RC field by Sea World. I'm planning on showing around 0800 probably done flying RC paramodels by 1000 or 1030. If you are an AMA member bring your AMA card and RC paramodel you are welcome to fly as a guest. If you have interest in RC paramodels you're invited to come out and watch.

Jack Z.
Aug 16, 2019, 01:03 AM
Thread OP

Invite Friday Aug 16th 6PM- Sunset

All

Bring your RC Paramodels and let's fly Sunset!

6pm till Sunset SEFSD RC Field!

Friday the SEFSD runway is closed for rolling so we will meet up and fly from the carpet at the rotorplex.
Mike and I each have a couple models we will bring along to fly.

Come to chat and watch or AMA member can fly as a club guest.

Looking forward to it!
Jack Z.
San Diego, CA
Aug 16, 2019, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
Meet up this evening for some Sunset RC Paramodel flying.
6pm till Sunset
SEFSD RC Field

Heres some video from a previous get together.
RC PPG Fun at the SEFSD Field (2 min 47 sec)

Quick Reply