Eachine E58 WIFI FPV With 2MP Wide Angle Camera Foldable RTF Quadcopter - Page 5 - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 04:43 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Now in stock
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E58...57416242016088
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 06:16 AM
Check my previous post
Last edited by Merch; Nov 10, 2017 at 06:35 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 07:30 PM
Flipping -

Yep , only flips to the side , trying to flip forward or reverse looks to cancel the flip .

Update :
Been flying the E58 a bit now and I am really starting to dislike the controller ..
The altitude hold whilst it works well enough also works against you when you want to fly the E58 like a regular quad . ( Should be able to turn it off ) .
Needing the phone ( android ) to turn on / off video - Im getting over it so fast .
Would really like to be able to reverse the rudder ( really I would )

Honestly , the ability to bind a TOY quad to a real transmitter is a serious bonus , this ability should not be overlooked .. Its simply value added for the manufacturer and the user to be able to take a toy ( YES = The E58 is a toy ) and turn it into a real RC quad .

Oh yeah , did I mention I would rate the E58 as a toy rather than a RC craft .
The controller is vague , the control you have over the E58 is just a little too imprecise to really think or consider the E58 as anything more than a toy . Also the sample I have just does not handle wind well at all . Something like a Eachine E010 would just fly rings around the E58 . I think the 6 axis gyro is partially to blame .

The WIFI ( FPV ) video is actually impressive .
Build quality is impressive / Durability is impressive
Video quality ( 720 ) is decent .

I would recommend it for indoor flying or for decent weather in a nice open space where you have plenty of run off space . Want to fly in more confined space ? Get a E010 or E011 .
Nov 12, 2017, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
Flipping -

Yep , only flips to the side , trying to flip forward or reverse looks to cancel the flip .

Update :
Been flying the E58 a bit now and I am really starting to dislike the controller ..
The altitude hold whilst it works well enough also works against you when you want to fly the E58 like a regular quad . ( Should be able to turn it off ) .
Needing the phone ( android ) to turn on / off video - Im getting over it so fast .
Would really like to be able to reverse the rudder ( really I would )

Honestly , the ability to bind a TOY quad to a real transmitter is a serious bonus , this ability should not be overlooked .. Its simply value added for the manufacturer and the user to be able to take a toy ( YES = The E58 is a toy ) and turn it into a real RC quad .

Oh yeah , did I mention I would rate the E58 as a toy rather than a RC craft .
The controller is vague , the control you have over the E58 is just a little too imprecise to really think or consider the E58 as anything more than a toy . Also the sample I have just does not handle wind well at all . Something like a Eachine E010 would just fly rings around the E58 . I think the 6 axis gyro is partially to blame .

The WIFI ( FPV ) video is actually impressive .
Build quality is impressive / Durability is impressive
Video quality ( 720 ) is decent .

I would recommend it for indoor flying or for decent weather in a nice open space where you have plenty of run off space . Want to fly in more confined space ? Get a E010 or E011 .
I'm sure everyone would agree it's a toy grade quad since you can't bind it to a real hobby grade transmitter and yes it's annoying having to run the App just to record.
Nov 13, 2017, 07:01 AM
the add in Banggood mentions "Wifi Map Function" :Not sure what this means/does, but i'm guessing this does not mean it will hover at one place ( on heighthold) , butt will hover-move where the wind takes it ?
( but i'm hoping ..... )
Nov 13, 2017, 07:37 AM
Drone Collector
I got mine last thursday. I think its a pretty cool little quad. I regard it as more of a toy/ scale model of the mavic. And because it's modelled on the mavic its quite slab sided...hence the wind vulnerability. I guess the mavic has GPS to stop it drifting all over the place in wind.

Mine flies ok apart from a slight rearward drift that is easily trimmed out. The term "it is what it is" springs to mind, and overall am quite pleased with it.
Nov 13, 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted38
the add in Banggood mentions "Wifi Map Function" :Not sure what this means/does, but i'm guessing this does not mean it will hover at one place ( on heighthold) , butt will hover-move where the wind takes it ?
( but i'm hoping ..... )

Wifi maping means you can draw a line on the phone App and it will fly in that direction,and altitude hold means if you let go of the sticks it will hover in one spot with very little movement.
Nov 13, 2017, 08:32 PM
This mini Mavic is AWESOME! It is almost as stable as my Real Mavic!. Altitude hold works very well. The camera is very, very good as well. Eachine knocked it out of the park with this one for sure. Spot on Mavic clone also.
Last edited by MADRCER; Nov 13, 2017 at 09:00 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 06:55 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADRCER
This mini Mavic is AWESOME! It is almost as stable as my Real Mavic!. Altitude hold works very well. The camera is very, very good as well. Eachine knocked it out of the park with this one for sure. Spot on Mavic clone also.
Nice pics.

An Eachine E58 'Platinum' version would be nice as well. But they would have to get the paint just right.
Nov 14, 2017, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner 350
An Eachine E58 'Platinum' version would be nice as well. But they would have to get the paint just right.
Lol they might just do that
Nov 14, 2017, 01:50 PM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Lol they might just do that
I would buy it, as am a very shallow individual...

Original Dji Mavic/E58 design inspiration?

Nov 14, 2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
I would buy it, as am a very shallow individual...

Original Dji Mavic/E58 design inspiration?

lol
Nov 15, 2017, 07:27 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
lol
Laff!.

Joking aside, was thinking of picking up a VISUO XS809HW. I do a lot of night flying, so the boom lights appealed to me. I also collect these things. You reckon the E58 is a better bird?. Have to admit, i do like the E58, but the lighting, although great from the front, is a little lacking.

The E58 has better flight characteristics?.
Nov 15, 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Laff!.

Joking aside, was thinking of picking up a VISUO XS809HW. I do a lot of night flying, so the boom lights appealed to me. I also collect these things. You reckon the E58 is a better bird?. Have to admit, i do like the E58, but the lighting, although great from the front, is a little lacking.

The E58 has better flight characteristics?.
Yes the E58 is alot more sportier and the yaw on the Visuo is slow so is the decent.