Eachine E58 WIFI FPV With 2MP Wide Angle Camera Foldable RTF Quadcopter - Page 4 - RC Groups
Nov 04, 2017, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the reply old4570. I mentioned earlier that I haven't had an altitude hold/WiFi fpv type quad yet so I am sure I won't always want to have video and just LoS it instead.

I wasn't sure if the WiFi from the video causes some delay in control signal response or not but I seen a video where the reviewer says that happens with WiFi fpv.

Do you have any take on that?

P.S. Are you QC101 by chance?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2017, 01:01 AM
Im about to post my review ..
But the toy controller ( game pad style thing ) is a little vague and not very precise ..
Not sure the WIFI has anything to do with that , as every quad I own has had vague Tx's ..

Luckily I can bind my quads to my IRX4 module so use a better transmitter that takes ordinary quads and makes them good .
So much of fly-ability is Tx related ..

So in relation to the Tx , its pretty much samo samo with my other quads . ( factory controllers )

(P.S. Are you QC101 by chance?) No
Nov 05, 2017, 05:08 PM
Oh ok then... so I shouldnt see or notice any responsiveness lag in the e58 compared to a (say for example) an e58 non-wifi/camera version?
Nov 05, 2017, 06:43 PM
For the way it flies - I don't think so - no .
Unless something else is going on !

This is a relatively cheap quad , seriously .. I think selling ATM for $39 USD
So I would expect some variance from model to model due to QC / manufacturing .

Like the old saying goes , never buy a car made on Monday or Friday ..
Apparently there was a measurable difference ..

So I would expect some minor variance at this price point from model to model .
Nov 05, 2017, 07:08 PM
Ok thanks for the info. I plan to order one but didn't want to find out it's more suited for hovering than flying.
Nov 06, 2017, 03:56 PM
This Quad is a great flyer if you want to just cruise around you can,if you want to fast flight,it will do that too,my review video will be up today with a sad ending

I also found another quad,so who cloned who? https://www.banggood.com/JDRC-JD-20-JD20-WIFI-FPV-With-2MP-Wide-Angle-Camera-High-Hold-Mode-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1222201.html?rmmds=category&cur_warehouse=CN
Last edited by Merch; Nov 06, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
Nov 06, 2017, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
This Quad is a great flyer if you want to just cruise around you can,if you want to fast flight,it will do that too,my review video will be up today with a sad ending

I also found another quad,so who cloned who? https://www.banggood.com/JDRC-JD-20-JD20-WIFI-FPV-With-2MP-Wide-Angle-Camera-High-Hold-Mode-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1222201.html?rmmds=category&cur_warehouse=CN
Yeah , there is another on GB ...
We had a wind warning in effect yesterday , they were expecting 50mph winds , there was some wind damage reported .. Still waiting on some half decent weather .. But since the E58 arrived it has been blowing really well ...

I put a battery through inside a room in the house and got 6 minutes before the low battery warning ( very small room ) and it was really stable .. Also in such calm conditions the Altitude hold was really good ..
Nov 07, 2017, 12:21 AM
Eachine E58 720P Wifi FPV Quadcopter Overview And Test Flight (20 min 8 sec)

Pros:
Altitude hold is the best i have seen so far
Very stable when flying and you can up the rates for fast forward flights
Great flight time 7 minutes +
Flips are tight and fast
Great picture from the 720p camera
Very small and portable
Not very loud at all when hovering in the house
Plug and play motors,easy to repair

Cons:
You don't get a full set of spare props
Camera always looks towards the ground even in a hover,no up tilt
Only records to micro SD card by using the App the buttons on the transmitter don't work
Proprietary battery
No front or back flips
Phone holder is not good can't reach the buttons on my phone and the plastic feels like it will break when you pull it down

This is a great quad to fly apart from the cons,would be nice to see it sold in a case like the Eachine E56 and have a transmitter holder like the Eachine E51 and give us up tilt on the camera we don't want to see the ground
Nov 07, 2017, 03:51 AM
My turn:

Eachine E58 Unboxing analysis and demo flight (Courtesy Banggood) (29 min 53 sec)

More or less the same pros & cons given above
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Nov 08, 2017, 08:32 PM
Can somebody tell me, if one key return is working ?
Nov 08, 2017, 08:47 PM
Not for me - tried it this morning at the park ..
Also no flip for me ... Perhaps the battery was too low by the time I got around to trying flip
It did land safely when out of range , for me that was maybe 60 meters .
Headless mode worked well !
Altitude hold was good when the E58 was high enough (3 - 5 meters or more )
Nov 09, 2017, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570
Not for me - tried it this morning at the park ..
Also no flip for me ... Perhaps the battery was too low by the time I got around to trying flip
It did land safely when out of range , for me that was maybe 60 meters .
Headless mode worked well !
Altitude hold was good when the E58 was high enough (3 - 5 meters or more )
When the battery gets low it can't flip,can you do a front and back flip because i could only do side flips?
Nov 09, 2017, 01:10 AM
I will have to give it another go as time permits ...
Hay fever has me right now , eyes are burning ( I hate spring )
Nov 09, 2017, 06:04 PM
And here is my video review
Eachine E58 - A toy-grade Mavic's clone (12 min 26 sec)