Eachine E58 WIFI FPV With 2MP Wide Angle Camera Foldable RTF Quadcopter - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 02, 2017, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodjiblowmi
What kind of flight times are you getting out of the battery if I may ask?
Flight test review with sample video and flight times here.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2017, 12:58 PM
Nice! Just saw this one today (must have slept under a rock for the past 3 weeks...)
Gotta get one of these to complement the Visuo and the ever growing stable of drones.
n+1 and all that Not just for the super handy size, but also as sort of a scale model of a Mavic.
The 720p footage looks OK for use in a pinch, so will likely get that one, but will be interesting to see if it can lift a Mobius Mini (27g), which has become my new favorite camera (thanks to Pixelpeter ) .
Last edited by Espen W; Nov 02, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
Nov 02, 2017, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
Flight test review with sample video and flight times here.
I appreciate it, t00nz. Thanks for the link.

P.S. Does anyone with one, know if the Tx antennas are actually working antennas? I seen the video posted a few posts back and they said they think they're just for show and didn't notice a difference with them extended...
Last edited by haywoodjiblowmi; Nov 02, 2017 at 04:59 PM.
Nov 02, 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote:
I appreciate it, t00nz. Thanks for the link.

P.S. Does anyone with one, know if the Tx antennas are actually working antennas? I seen the video posted a few posts back and they said they think they're just for show and didn't notice a difference with them extended...
Just for show.
(Not uncommon on inexpensive remotes)
Nov 02, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner 350
Nice pics!.

on the O ring as well.

So the quad sits with the nose slightly angled upwards?.

Its a cool looking thing for sure.
There are 2 plastic bits at the bottom to level it out but it does look angled.
Found out where the O ring came from and more....If you check the pictures below you can see screws missing from the main board and the O ring came from one of the arms.

I did take it out for a flight,got 1 minute in and it started raining......so much for a clear day,dispite all the screws missing and O rings this thing hovers great and flys great too,need to wait to finish the video review with a full flight if i can get one in!!!
Last edited by Merch; Nov 03, 2017 at 12:54 AM.
Nov 03, 2017, 06:45 AM
Looking forward to the video review, Merch!
As some one else mentioned, this is the form factor that the DJI Spark should have had.
Nov 03, 2017, 07:47 AM
Drone Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espen W
Just for show.
(Not uncommon on inexpensive remotes)
Who cares. They look cool, and part of the mini Mavic look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
There are 2 plastic bits at the bottom to level it out but it does look angled.
Found out where the O ring came from and more....If you check the pictures below you can see screws missing from the main board and the O ring came from one of the arms.

I did take it out for a flight,got 1 minute in and it started raining......so much for a clear day,dispite all the screws missing and O rings this thing hovers great and flys great too,need to wait to finish the video review with a full flight if i can get one in!!!
Aww, great. Thanks for the info and the cool pics. FCB looks easy to work on, and i really like push switches. More reliable than the normal cheesy slide switches.

Weather up and down here as well.
Nov 03, 2017, 08:56 AM

Got mine today

Ok , got mine today !
Gone through two flights ..

Toy remote
The WIFI app from google store ( Parking Google - refuses to install to my android for some parking reason )
https://www.apkmonk.com/download-app...017-08-22.apk/
https://apkpure.biz/com.lewei.jyufo/JY-UFO/download

These two links might (?) be more reliable ..
Download the App , install it to a micro SD card then put the card in the phone and install the app .

I am both impressed and not impressed ..
I will post a review after having played with the app .
Nov 03, 2017, 09:15 AM
Just finished my outdoor maiden flight.
I like this toy-grade quadcopter.
Some pros and cons before my video review.
Pros
- stable
- it flies also in windy day (max rate suggested)
- flight time seems more than 5 minutes but I need more flight sessions to verify with precision
- baby Mavic clone cool design
- foldable

Cons
- the cam seems pointed always the terrain even if at max horizontal angle
- fish eye effect too much present
- proprietary battery (i don't if the spares are available)
- the phone holder touches the phone buttons
- video recording starts only with app. I'd you want to use in Los you need phone
- not really usable for FPV flight

Nov 03, 2017, 11:28 AM
Hey Angelo, is that 5 minute estimation from slow relaxed flying or faster sportier flying? Also, does the altitude hold mode work well in fast forward flight or does it start to decline in altitude?
Nov 03, 2017, 12:52 PM
I checked the video footage and I flew for more than 7 minutes. But I ignored the low battery and it stopped motors during flight but it continued to make video (so no power of but only hard landing :-))
So I can consider it can fly for more than 5 minutes without problems.
Today was a little windy so the flight was a mix between hovering VS wind to make some Los footage and fast flights to see rates.
In fast forwarding I corrected the altitude.
But in slow flight or hovering it maintains the altitude.
Nov 03, 2017, 06:05 PM
Well that's decent then. Thanks for the answers as I'm still on then fence to ordering. I haven't took the plunge into an alt-hold/camera type quad yet and this one has the looks and price to try one but still a little iffy.
Nov 04, 2017, 01:11 PM
Another question if anyone knows...

On this e58 (or any WiFi fpv) can the camera WiFi be turned off when you don't want to use video?

I ask because some say WiFi fpv causes intermittent signal loss?
Nov 04, 2017, 07:06 PM
Hi,
for those who already have the E58, can you upload some photos taken with its camera?

Thanks in advance
Nov 04, 2017, 08:03 PM

Hmmmm

Quote:
Another question if anyone knows...

On this e58 (or any WiFi fpv) can the camera WiFi be turned off when you don't want to use video?

I ask because some say WiFi fpv causes intermittent signal loss?
You don't want the camera to draw power ?
I dont think you can turn it off (camera) or turn off the Wifi ..

I would like to turn off the lights , there trick and all but I would rather the power went else where .