Jan 18, 2020, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
The E58 will only work with APP or Controller ... you make choice when start up. Unlike DJI and other more expensive models - which can use either at same time ... the E58 is one or other.

This is a bit of a pain as the camera button doesn't work on the controller .... so you need the APP to do that.

I now have solved the Phone holder ... I have a foam plate of 2x 6mm Depron laminated Velcro'd to back of my phone .... the holder now holds the foam plate and I can now operate phone buttons.
What phone you have? The camera button on transmitter.works with my Eachine e58 0.3mp with android but does not on iPhone.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 04:17 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
What phone you have? The camera button on transmitter.works with my Eachine e58 0.3mp with android but does not on iPhone.
The phone is Android "Prestigio" ...

You are lucky then with camera button on Tx ... as many people on YT say same as me - it does not work on Tx ... but does on phone.

TBH - I cannot see why a phone would have any effect on that ... as the Tx flies the E58 with or without phone ... as long as you start up and select which you will use.

I will try it again but every time I use - I find what I say ..
Jan 19, 2020, 10:46 AM
I wonder how well the newer HV 1S lipos would run in the E58. These 650mah from Crazyponey look like they would fit:
Jan 19, 2020, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route666
I wonder how well the newer HV 1S lipos would run in the E58. These 650mah from Crazyponey look like they would fit:
How would you put those LiPo's into the E58 ?? The E58 has a proprietary battery design with no leads.
Jan 19, 2020, 02:06 PM
Quote:
The phone is Android "Prestigio" ...

You are lucky then with camera button on Tx ... as many people on YT say same as me - it does not work on Tx ... but does on phone.

TBH - I cannot see why a phone would have any effect on that ... as the Tx flies the E58 with or without phone ... as long as you start up and select which you will use.

I will try it again but every time I use - I find what I say ..
Phone matters because APPs are usually different between the iPhone and android. In addition with android the app may work differently between android phones. Because unlike iOS which is always the same, Android operating systems can be different on different makes of phones.

Also, my observations are with the 0.3mp version and I was using Eachine FPV App. Wondering what camera and what app you using?
Jan 19, 2020, 02:09 PM
Quote:
How would you put those LiPo's into the E58 ?? The E58 has a proprietary battery design with no leads.
Just solder a connector to the FCB +/-. I donít think itís worth it. The e58 is not a great flying quad. Itís main claim to fame is as a novelty because it looks like a mini Mavic.
Jan 19, 2020, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp Man
Phone matters because APPs are usually different between the iPhone and android. In addition with android the app may work differently between android phones. Because unlike iOS which is always the same, Android operating systems can be different on different makes of phones.

Also, my observations are with the 0.3mp version and I was using Eachine FPV App. Wondering what camera and what app you using?
The Tx doesn't go through the phone app ... its independent. So that's why I am confused why you say Tx camera button works with one phone but not another.
Its a well reported item of non working button on the Tx .... that only the APP will work the camera.

The APP I use is the one they stated in the literature ... JY UFO ....

I think I tried GO FPV .... but it said something was missing on the phone ...

As regards the other matter of LiPo's ......... I agree - not worth the effort as the flight is not good enough to warrant it.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:02 PM
Quote:
The Tx doesn't go through the phone app ... its independent. So that's why I am confused why you say Tx camera button works with one phone but not another.
Its a well reported item of non working button on the Tx .... that only the APP will work the camera.

The APP I use is the one they stated in the literature ... JY UFO ....

I think I tried GO FPV .... but it said something was missing on the phone ...

As regards the other matter of LiPo's ......... I agree - not worth the effort as the flight is not good enough to warrant it.
I am using Eachine FPV app on android phone (not sure it matters but my phone uses stock android like google pixel)

My camera is 0.3mp. There is no SD card slot. If I connect to phone and transmitter when I short press camera button on TRANSMITTER it saves a pic on my phone that I can access through the app. When I long press on the TRANSMITTER it starts recording. While recording I can take pics as well. Then long press and the video is saved to phone. All pics/videos are saved to my phone through the app. ie. the app must be connected through wifi on my phone.

The iPhone app is crap and I can only start stop video or take pics with app.

Now my question would be, if I had a 2mp 720p Camera could I start stop take pics with transmitter and save to SD card without using phone/app?

Sounds like the answer is NO.

PS. Be nice if it would. I’d consider getting another e58 with 720p camera if it did. Also the battery mod would be necessary once stock batteries are no longer available at a reasonable price.
Jan 20, 2020, 02:27 PM
Hi Gimp ... that is the difference ... I only know about the 2mp with SD Card and that does not work camera from the Tx ... why ? No-one can answer ... the manual says it should ... but it doesn't.

Batterys ? I bought recently from Banggood ... are they no longer available ?
Jan 20, 2020, 03:04 PM
Quote:

Batterys ? I bought recently from Banggood ... are they no longer available ?
Try Aliexpress for batteries. I recently ordered one of these. Only $3.50 free shipping. Has not arrived yet.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...=1000007932894

There is also a 800mah battery available. Should give you a couple more minutes flight time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012626790.html?mp=1

PS. I am in no way way endorsing these batteries or Aliexpress. However, I’ve had reasonable success with Aliexpress, The few times I’ve not received my order I get my money back.
Jan 21, 2020, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Use the supplied screwdriver to open the case of the E58 battery.

Snip the red and black wires going from the battery inside to the stock connector.

Solder on a matching connector(they call this a JST-PH 2.0).

Put the case back together.

I did a video about it on Youtube but I figured everybody's watched it by now.

Quick Reply