Futaba 18MZA WC - RC Groups
Oct 14, 2017, 02:16 AM
Discussion

Futaba 18MZA WC

Where can I get the best deal on a new one?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2017, 03:40 AM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
can you really afford it ? if so why do you want to save some $$$ ?
Oct 14, 2017, 09:50 AM
Bo Edström, Sweden
Hi,
I suggest You check ut how service and repair is handled in Your country for Futaba radio. And also if there is some approval procedure similar to FCC procedure in US for radios in Your country so You must buy the Futaba radio for eample in Your country to comply with the rules in Your country. Maybe You can buy a Futaba in US (that has FCC sticker on it) and use it in Your country, I do not know.
If I interpret information on Futaba Hobbico US website they are distributor for whole North America (US, Canada, Mexico). If You can buy a Futaba in US for example and use it in Mexico I do not know, but Futaba service and repair in US should be able to service and repair a radio that was bought from s dealer that has Hobbico as distributor.
Just phone or e-mail Hobbico and ask if you can buy a radio in US and use it it Mexico if You have that in mind.
http://www.futabarc.com/futdist.html
You could also try Futaba supportforum here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/futa...ort-forum-125/

If You will have whole North America as possible area to buy a Futaba radio from and use in Your country it should be greater chance to find little lower price somewhere.

/Bo
Oct 14, 2017, 03:20 PM
It shows me located in Mexico not sure why. I’m in Lake Havasu City AZ.
Oct 14, 2017, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordyd4
It shows me located in Mexico not sure why. I’m in Lake Havasu City AZ.
Futaba does not put their stuff on sale. As the importer/distributor for Futaba in the USA, Hobbico aka Tower Hobbies will sometimes offer "coupons" good toward the purchase of Futaba, technically not a "discount" on the equipment. None of the USA vendors can match what Tower does.

So as I mentioned over on FG: if you are a gold member with Tower, every so often they put out emails noting an oncoming "sale" and those coupons are normally good only for sales over $600.00 and up.

If you are not a gold member, you cannot get those coupons and they are sent out only to specific people and those email addresses are the only ones who can use those coupons.

If not a gold member, just buy the thing from Tower using whatever coupons are available. It's a nice radio but it sure picks up fingerprints being a glossy black...