Nov 25, 2020, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Hey Reto,
There are alignment holes located in each mold half but not well pronounced in the photos. They will become more obvious after I have them finished up. For the joiner / incidence pin issue I will be having a tooling insert that will fit in the mold. Doing this allows me to have multiple tooling inserts so I can make changes to joiner size and location as well as the incidence pins locations. This tooling insert is scheduled to be around 1" in width. Thanks so much for your comments. Hope I can answer yous and others questions.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2020, 05:37 PM
Everythingís A Compromise
Congratulations.
A great reward for your effort.

Your images bring back a lot of GREAT MEMORIES.

DV
Nov 25, 2020, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Thanks so much.
Truth be told I looked at your tooling build extensively before I started. Wanted to do my homework how others have approached this task. Thank you so much for your guidance.

Dean
Nov 26, 2020, 01:30 AM
What is the filler used? (round spheres)
Nov 26, 2020, 09:44 AM
Thread OP
It is Poraver at the 2.5 mm to 4 mm size.
https://www.poraver.com/us/poraver/
Sep 23, 2021, 01:18 AM
Thread OP

A change of plans

Alot has transpired since my last post. Right after I finished making the wing molds I packed everything up in wood crates and moved to Bangkok Thailand. I retired from the workforce last December. My wife and I moved to Bangkok in January and i waited for my stuff to arrive. Took 5 months to get here but all arrived safely. I have set up shop here and no able to devote most everyday to this project. I have been doing alot of thinking about this project and have decided to make some changes. The biggest change is the fuse. I started with a clean sheet of paper and decided to stay with a V tail but make the fuse Skinnier. the wingspan has been reduced to 117.80" (2992 mm). I renamed this model as Tic Toc. Here are some photos of the new fuse plug being built and doing some dimensional checks with the wing mold.
Sep 23, 2021, 03:42 PM
Everythingís A Compromise
An ambitious task, for sure.
Great for keeping brain cells active in retirement.
Still subbed and following.
Sep 27, 2021, 09:12 AM
Thread OP

Tailboom

Got the tailboom master plug and mold finished as well as making the 2 half shells. Assembled the 2 tailboom halfís together then mounted it to the nose section. Next is final touch up with some filling and fairing.
Sep 27, 2021, 05:32 PM
Stellar work, Dean. Where is the plane you had here?
Sep 27, 2021, 08:53 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Warren,
My Hijinks ? Itís here with me along with the tooling. Iíve been working on that model as well. Upgrading the fuse mold as well as a new set of wing molds. Iíll be bringing all new models with me when I come visit next spring.
Oct 04, 2021, 02:14 AM
Thread OP
Finished the back end of the fuse and put the first coat of primer on. Lot of time spent making jigs to get everything aligned just right. Fuse is about 95% done. Will finish it up this week and begin preparing for the mold. Second photo is with my FS3 fuse to show the size comparison of the two
Last edited by Lutmi58; Oct 04, 2021 at 02:20 AM.
Oct 04, 2021, 03:21 AM
launch low, fly high
Nice...
Oct 04, 2021, 01:14 PM
I wanna fly it!
Oct 05, 2021, 12:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteman
I wanna fly it!
Of course you can. Others as well too. I think you will be pleased with this. Learned a lot from my Hijinks build and applying lessons learned in this one.
Oct 08, 2021, 09:27 AM
Thread OP
Kinda hard to see in the photo but the fuse plug is finished. A few more coats of wax and it will ready for the splitter.

Quick Reply