Free Stuff! - RC Groups
Oct 13, 2017, 06:56 PM
Discussion

Free Stuff!

Hi gang,
I hope this is allowed here:

After about 10 years of inactivity in the hobby, I have reached the point that its time to part with all my soaring junk. I'm not interested in selling anything, I just want to give it away to a good home. ( Actually, I just can't bring myself to drop it all in the dumpster )

I have about half a dozen vintage sailplanes, radios etc. There is a Hangar 9 Aspire 2 meter in like new condition, a horribly modified gentle Lady ( v-tail, ailerons, you get the idea ) A ridge runt that needs recovering, a 60" slope racer ( I think its a sparrow ) There are 2 Zagi c combat planes, in typical combat shape. Dirty, worn, but would probably be a decent amount of fun after 10 minutes of tape work and after charging the batteries. I have 2 or 3 radios, FM of course. One is a 3 channel HI-Tek and one is a Futaba 6 channel.

Basically, just my assortment of out of date planes and radios in various states of airworthiness. They are dusty and in my storage unit that I need to eliminate.

If any of you are interested I'm in South Utah County. If you want them, come get them. You can call or text me 801- seven eight seven-0867

Regards, -Todd-
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2017, 07:39 AM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcredaroli
Hi gang,
I hope this is allowed here:

After about 10 years of inactivity in the hobby, I have reached the point that its time to part with all my soaring junk. I'm not interested in selling anything, I just want to give it away to a good home. ( Actually, I just can't bring myself to drop it all in the dumpster )

I have about half a dozen vintage sailplanes, radios etc. There is a Hangar 9 Aspire 2 meter in like new condition, a horribly modified gentle Lady ( v-tail, ailerons, you get the idea ) A ridge runt that needs recovering, a 60" slope racer ( I think its a sparrow ) There are 2 Zagi c combat planes, in typical combat shape. Dirty, worn, but would probably be a decent amount of fun after 10 minutes of tape work and after charging the batteries. I have 2 or 3 radios, FM of course. One is a 3 channel HI-Tek and one is a Futaba 6 channel.

Basically, just my assortment of out of date planes and radios in various states of airworthiness. They are dusty and in my storage unit that I need to eliminate.

If any of you are interested I'm in South Utah County. If you want them, come get them. You can call or text me 801- seven eight seven-0867

Regards, -Todd-
Hi Todd. I'm just getting into slope soaring. The planes sound interesting especially the combat Zagi's. I will take your stuff off your hands. I will call you later this morning.

Archie
Oct 14, 2017, 12:37 PM
Thanks! I'll get them out of storage, and try to clean them up a little.
Oct 14, 2017, 03:53 PM
Thanks for giving these a good home Winger!
Oct 14, 2017, 05:51 PM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcredaroli
Thanks for giving these a good home Winger!
Thanks for putting them up for adoption. They will get in the air again.

Archie
Oct 14, 2017, 06:12 PM
Soar Tow 2
That should get you flying.

Mike
Oct 14, 2017, 08:35 PM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgib123
That should get you flying.

Mike
Yes Mike and with the two Zagi's I'm ready for Combat.......any takers? Well in a year or two after I learn how?

The red and white one on the left is a Gentle Lady he modified to a V tail and ailerons. He said it flew horrible. I think I will use the wing on a Gentle Lady I have yet to complete as I really messed my wing up. Too many mistakes in the wing build.

Some need a lot of work, and others just need a little. All will need new receivers and batteries. This will give me something to work on this winter. The 2 channel Aspire on the right is the most complete and closest to being ready to fly.

A bonus was all the tools, Iron, extra parts, a charger and a half dozen rolls of Monocote, sand paper ect ect.

Thanks again Todd.
Last edited by madwinger; Oct 15, 2017 at 03:03 AM.
Oct 16, 2017, 03:30 PM
Is all of this gone now?
Dana
Oct 16, 2017, 03:44 PM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaD
Is all of this gone now?
Dana
I took it all. But I'm the kinda big kid that shares and plays well with others.

Is there something that you see that you would be interested in?

Archie
Oct 17, 2017, 12:18 AM
Would really like to take a look.
The aspire or a Zagi sound interesting.
Live in the area?
Dana
Oct 17, 2017, 12:19 AM
Ah. Just saw your profile. Bit of a ways away.
Dana
Oct 17, 2017, 01:46 AM
King of Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaD
Ah. Just saw your profile. Bit of a ways away.
Dana
No I live in Bountiful Ut. Work and belong to another club in Grand Junction. I forget that's where my profile points to.

Archie.

Quick Reply