Oct 13, 2017, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Can't register Flysky FS-I6X. Firmware? Virus??

I'm trying to register my FS-I6X to get access to the firmware updates, but when I enter my email and hit "Join now" nothing happens. How are you suppose to register the radio or get the latest firmware? Anybody else have this problem?
Last edited by Despotes; Oct 14, 2017 at 05:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2017, 02:45 AM
Thread OP
Nobody? Even Flysky doesn't reply to their e-mails.
Oct 14, 2017, 05:06 AM
Thread OP
Apparently, http://flyskyrc.com/ is useless. Fake website?
I tried the http://www.flysky-cn.com/download/&p...geSize=10.html site, but ESET NOD32 prevents the download saying it contains a virus. Does it contain a virus or is this a false flag?
Oct 16, 2017, 03:18 AM
Thread OP
Way too many replies--slow it down
Oct 16, 2017, 09:25 AM
Hey I feel your pain! Maybe this one will start them rolling!
meanwhile try looking here
https://github.com/benb0jangles/FlySky-i6-Mod-
Oct 17, 2017, 08:40 PM
What do you mean register your firmware? We do not register firmware or products. @Despotes you are correct that is a fake website our website is http://www.flysky-cn.com/.
Oct 20, 2017, 05:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySkyRC
What do you mean register your firmware? We do not register firmware or products. @Despotes you are correct that is a fake website our website is http://www.flysky-cn.com/.
Unfortunately, I can't download the firmware due to it being detected as a virus or containing a virus. I even disabled ESET Nod32, but it's still not allowing the download from your site.
Can you pm or email me the file?
Oct 21, 2017, 12:33 AM
Heli addicted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despotes
Unfortunately, I can't download the firmware due to it being detected as a virus or containing a virus. I even disabled ESET Nod32, but it's still not allowing the download from your site.
Can you pm or email me the file?
i ve tried to download the file for you but kaspersky anti virus blocked it warning me for a virus.
Oct 21, 2017, 11:31 AM
Flyin' Finn in eternal spin...
There's something in that particular update, what most of antivirus programs recognize as a virus, McAfee did the same. Well, I turned it off, downloaded and updated my i6X. Neither viruses nor trojans or other bugs achieved. In other words, it is safe.
Nov 03, 2017, 06:18 AM
dit is ja sooo uffrejend!
I've disabled the "real-time check" in windows 10 and was able to download AND start the firmware update program. BUT after the update, the transmitter still has the older firmware running.
Hope this will be fixed soon, because all my FS-A8S do connect to the transmitter on any selected model. Maybe can't fly with other people with same setup (RX/TX combo)
Last edited by nightflasher; Nov 05, 2017 at 05:18 PM.
Nov 06, 2017, 11:28 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTeddy
There's something in that particular update, what most of antivirus programs recognize as a virus, McAfee did the same. Well, I turned it off, downloaded and updated my i6X. Neither viruses nor trojans or other bugs achieved. In other words, it is safe.
AVG reports a virus as well. There MUST be a virus in the FlySky update.
Nov 07, 2017, 08:17 AM
Flyin' Finn in eternal spin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLaser03
AVG reports a virus as well. There MUST be a virus in the FlySky update.
At least it didn't infect my pc, as I have scanned it several times after updating my i6X. Perhaps that's why I sometimes imagine my Stuka is sneezing while hanging from the ceiling of my workshop...
Nov 07, 2017, 08:30 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
If installing this update to keep using A8S, maybe reconsider. The A8S is rather unreliable for many, even with other transmitters....
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jan 28, 2018, 07:59 PM
Anyone been able to add an audible alarm for RSSI to an FS-I6X ?
Nov 14, 2019, 07:55 PM
Sailor and Radio Ham
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin.bakari5
Anyone been able to add an audible alarm for RSSI to an FS-I6X ?
Did FlySky ever fix the virus problem?

Quick Reply