Oct 12, 2017, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Brown out after 2nd pack

Hey so I have a simonk 40amp esc with no low voltage cut off, so I put an external lvc from dimension engineering and it seems to work.

My problem was after the 1st batter pack.
I landed fine, then put the second battery in.
Hand launched it out and about 5 seconds later the motor cut out then came back on then cut out and I lost signal and it nose dived and crashed.
Went and retrieved it. Everything seemed fine again signal wise.

I'm using floureon 3s 35 c 1500mah lipos and a fly sky fs-r6b.
It uses the older AFHDS rather than the AFHDS2.
I have to manually set my flysky i6 transmitter to AFHDS.

Previously during test flights I used the reciever that came with the transmitter which used the newer AFHDS2 and had no such issues.
I'm wondering if its due to having to use the older AFHDS.

Any imput would be appreciated.
I may just switch back to the first receiver and see if the problem goes away.
I'm just annoyed beacuse its a brand new reciever and id hate to not put it to use
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2017, 02:18 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Have you tested the battery pack ? , not just measured the voltage, but measured the voltage under load ?, and each cell.
Oct 13, 2017, 11:59 AM
Perpetual Noob
Perhaps the ESC is overheating and shutting down. As you don't tell us what you have the ESC installed in, we can only guess. The specs for this ESC suggest it's for multirotors and that it does have a 3A switched BEC.
Oct 13, 2017, 11:45 PM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
I have probably 20 of those 6rb AFHDS radios and they work fine with my i10. i can't remember the last time I have had a problem unless it was a broken antenna lead. I would put some effort in making the antenna near vertical though.

I bet your problem is somewhere else. The most obvious reason I could imagine would be a dead battery. You are not using any sort of stabilizer?
Oct 21, 2017, 11:20 PM
No two batteries are the same. Close but not identical.

What's your LVC voltage? The more times and the closer you fly to 3V the sooner the battery wears out.

A weak battery, flown under even average load, can drop under the cutoff voltage and kick in the LVC.

The LVC -typically- gives -minimal- throttle, and full surface control, so you can land safely immediately. (Not in a moment, but immediately.) Some LVC thouhg kill the throttle completetly and all you have is surface controls to land deadstick. Obviously this needs a t least a little altitude to do safely, which is another reason flying near the cutoff can be hazardous.

The only batteries I've ever 'broken' were flown to LVC, then reset by dropping the throttle to zero and throttling up again. Foolish, but when it saves a 200 yard walk of shame it seemed worth it at the time. It wasn't worth it, completely wrecking the battery.

Quick Reply